Complaint Review: Joe's Pet Meds

• Submitted: Sun, March 14, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, February 28, 2013

• Reported By: MArk — Pomano Beach Florida U.S.A.
Joe's Pet Meds
Australia Internet United States of America

Joe's Pet Meds Advantix Ripoff Internet

*General Comment: Used Joe's for Years

*General Comment: Joes Pet Meds (Joespetmeds.com)

*Consumer Suggestion: Advantix may be the real issue

Joe's Pet meds sound good and the prices are not ridiculously low so it seems legit. However I bought advantix 3 months ago for my two dogs. The First does seemed to control the ticks but all of the subsequent doses had no affect at all. All the ticks came back infested out house and not one we've found on the dogs is dead. This means the Advantix is fake. I've used it before fro ma real vet and it works great every time. Stay Away from Joes as I read I see lots of other with teh same result- fake medicine that doesnt work... Pay the extra and get it from your VET. !

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2010 08:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Joes-Pet-Meds/internet/Joes-Pet-Meds-Advantix-Ripoff-Internet-580952. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Joe's Pet Meds

#1 General Comment

Used Joe's for Years

AUTHOR: felinefrenz - ()

I have used Joe's Pet Meds for many years for heartworm protection for my dogs.  For over 10yrs. they have been heartworm free on their annual check-ups. I live in an area that has a lot of mosquitoes at certain times of the year and still have not had a problem. I will continue to use Joe's, but sorry for your bad experience.

#2 General Comment

Joes Pet Meds (Joespetmeds.com)

AUTHOR: Spamela57 - ()

I rarely take the time to fill out rebuttal forms, especially if I have to register, but I think it's only fair to Joe's Pet Meds that I provide a positive review.

I have been using Joe's Pet Meds for years and I have never had an issue with any products.  The former reviewer mentioned the product they ordered was not effective on fleas and/or ticks.   I AM aware, however, that in Maine, we also had this issue...but the problem was NOT with the products...the problem was the resilient fleas & ticks we've had recently.   In fact, I had to hire a professional exterminator (for a 12 month period) for fleas because I had a puppy I couldn't treat.  And no amount of over-the-counter flea spray would kill those fleas.
Why do the products at Joe's Pet Meds cost so much less??   I have only a theory.  Why are drugs cheaper in Canada?  (Joe's is in Australia ...  )

Why does Joe's Pet Meds have generic medications that no one in the US (that I have found) carries?  Just THINK about how much drug manufacturers make on these flea/tick products for dogs/cats!  When almost EVERYONE is using the products?

The answer to both:  drug manufacturers and the all mighty big-buck.   Period.

Based on my personal experience, I will continue to order from Joe's without concern about the products.

Thanks!

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Advantix may be the real issue

AUTHOR: Firetree - (United States of America)

I have used both Advantix and Frontline Plus in the past, both for dogs and cats, and both have at some point ceased to become effective at all. My vet confirms this as a known factor, and recommended switching to Revolution. He charges around $22 per dose.

I am retired and live on a very low income. I was unable to get it anywhere else for a while because he refused to cooperate with 1800PetMeds or any other lower-cost vendor that required a prescription. His intent, of course, was to force me to buy it from him.

I found Joe's Pet Meds after some extensive searching, and have been able to obtain the Revolution through them without hassles. I received the first batch three months ago, and took the effort to have a chemist friend (works in QA in ag production) analyze a packet. It was genuine.

exposed