Complaint Review: Johanna Albornoz

• Updated: Sat, July 12, 2014

• Reported By: Tony R — San Jose California
Johanna Albornoz
Internet USA

Johanna Albornoz - worst paralegal ever cheap paralegal that proves you get what you pay for. San Jose and Surrounding area California

*Author of original report: nonsense

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Falsely Reported

*Author of original report: nonsense

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Falsely Reported

I hired Johanna Albornoz to help me with my divorce, as I didn't have time or want to deal with it myself. Should have been some very simple paperwork, my wife and I are not arguing over anything at all. Short and sweet version; she did not do what she said she would do (help me finalize my divorce), she made mistakes (luckily the clerk caught this or I would have wasted lots more time turning in paperwork that was incorrectly completed), she was not responsive at all (always a great new excuse). Finally, after I tried to turn in the last form she gave me (which was one simple page that took weeks for her to get to me), which was not accepted by the court she tried to charge me more money!

Bottom line, a complete waste of time and money move on and find someone who knows what they are doing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2014 03:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Johanna-Albornoz/internet/Johanna-Albornoz-worst-paralegal-ever-cheap-paralegal-that-proves-you-get-what-you-pay-1161575. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Johanna Albornoz

nonsense

AUTHOR: Tony R - ()

she won't attach her emails because she has nothing to refute the one I have already attached.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Falsely Reported

AUTHOR: Johanna - ()

I will not attach all of my emails.  Consumers, if you would like to see the emails and talk to me about the situtation, I am more than happy to do so. This is ONE angry person who will probably continue to do the same to others.  PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME AT ANY TIME IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GET FURTHER INFORMATION. Thank you    johanna_albornoz@yahoo.com

nonsense

AUTHOR: Tony R - ()

here is the original email from Joanna (see below). My divorce was not "finalized" but she tried to charge more money. She can talk abotu how long she's been a paralegal but that doesn't make her a good one. Again, don't waste your time. Find someone who knows what they are doing and won't try to rip you off.

Nov 5, 2013
Hi Tony,

There are three forms that you will need to file in order to "finalize" the divorce.  I assume you and the respondent agree on all terms and the respondent is taking a default.  Please confirm that information.    I will look into Santa Clara County to see if some sort of agreement will need to be prepared from the both you.  Some courts ask for a written agreement to be signed by both the petitioner and respondent.  I will look into it.  In the meantime, I will charge a flat fee rate of $150.00 to complete all forms. This also includes edits/changes, if any.

What I will usually do is ask for a deposit to begin the work and the remainder to paid when the first draft is sent.  Let me know if you are interested and I will send you a paypal request. I can have the first draft completed by Thursday.

Best,

Jo Albornoz
Paralegal

ALBORNOZ LEGAL SERVICES
925/451-2021

#4 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Falsely Reported

AUTHOR: Johanna - ()

My rebuttle to these false accusations is simple. In nine years of working as a paralegal, and 15 years in the legal field, I have never had a single complaint. In contrast, I have built a stellar reputation with many references which includes attorneys and individuals in the surrounding areas. It pains me to think that it is so easy for one bad apple to smear someone's good name. I will provide my contact information and professional referrences (if required) below. It is also worth mentioning, that I am well-educated with three degrees including a BA in legal studies.

My side of the story is as follows: Mr. R called me to assist him with his "final" divorce documents.  I was very clear with written and verbal communication that I was a paralegal (not an attorney) and that I would have to rely on whatever he told me about his case.  I was also very clear that because I had not assisted him previously, I was unable to know what forms he had filed in the past.  Again, I only relied on what he told me.  I have emails to prove that I was very specific of what forms I would include and what the cost would be.

After I completed the work, I did not hear from Mr. R for several months. After a major gap in follow through, Mr. R contacted me again and asked for additional work.  I was happy to do the additional work, but it would incrue a small additional fee. This additional fee angered Mr. R. He felt that additional fees were not due, regardless of the time I had already invested with him and the many more hours I would spend. His mentality is similar to a customer demanding a free haircut..because they already got their hair cut 6 months ago and paid for it then. Obviously, another haircut will incur another cost.

As a paralegal, I feel that I offer an invaluable service to the public, saving them thousands of dollars in many cases. Compare any small task in the hands of an attorney and what that would cost. $150 vs $2500 or more. I feel that Mr. R's claim is only a malicious attack on my character and is unfounded. He made many threats and insulted me personally before he made this claim. I tried to resolve the problem and was unsuccessful.

I will be more than happy to give anyone references (including attorneys) to prove to you that I have a great reputation. My email is johanna_albornoz@yahoo.com .