Complaint Review: Johanna Sutterfield Of Painted Outlaws Hideout

• Submitted: Fri, January 30, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, March 06, 2013

• Reported By:yuma Arizona
Johanna Sutterfield Of Painted Outlaws Hideout
61600 Gribbling Rd Bend, Oregon U.S.A.

Johanna Sutterfield Of Painted Outlaws Hideout Ripped me off! Totally lame horse on all 4. Completely misrepresented the horse to an out of state buyer. Bend Oregon

*Consumer Comment: Same problem..

*Author of original report: correct about one thing. ....

*Consumer Comment: Johanna Sutterfield

Knowing my purchase would be based on photos and conversation...The horse was represented as: 1300 pounds. / Sound (no lameness or health issues) 15.3 Hands- 16 Hands tall / Halter horse / Trail riding horse ("you could show her right now and probably win because she is so quiet)

What I recieved was: Lacking at least 200 pounds of weight/muscle mass / only 15.2 hands tall / Less than 1100 pounds (1049) NOT sounds (on all 4 legs according to my vet) And hangs her tongue out vertually all the time.

I called Johanna Sutterfield and told her of my findings. She said "I told you what was told to me". This indicated to me that she was trying to pass the horse off to me with the same problems she knew existed at least a year before when she bought the horse.

Shortly after my initial call to Ms. Sutterfield, she removed all ads from the website Dreamhorse.com

yuma, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2009 04:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Johanna-Sutterfield-Of-Painted-Outlaws-Hideout/Bend-Oregon-07701/Johanna-Sutterfield-Of-Painted-Outlaws-Hideout-Ripped-me-off-Totally-lame-horse-on-all-4-418292. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Johanna Sutterfield Of Painted Outlaws Hideout

Same problem..

AUTHOR: horsegirl1 - (United States of America)

I purchased a filly from Johanna back in 2009 I believe.. She advertised the horse to be sound and correct. I trusted her and her breeding establishment and did not get a vet check on the filly. She was sound when I purchased her, however, over time she became very lame. I was careful with her feeding to make sure she didn't grow too fast. I had the best hoof trimmers in my area working on her front feet, which became very difficult because they were completely different. She had one very flat hoof that would grow toe and no heel and the other would grow heel and no toe. They were completely opposite. I know that this had something to do with her lameness, but we had many x-rays done as well. After having four veterinarian opinions and multiple costly vet visits over the course of 2 years the final conclusion came to be poor conformation as confirmed by all of the veterinarians that worked with her. I was so hopeful to find a solution to the problem. During the time, I had been in some contact with Johanna. She was absolutely of NO HELP whatsoever.  She basically told me it sounded like I needed to find a new hoof trimmer. My last e-mail to her explaining more about how the vet and hoof trimmers were working together and it went much further than the hooves, I received no response. I have been a business owner, my family has been business owners my whole life... I would NEVER handle a situation the way she did. If you are going to sell horses for the price I paid, stand by what you are selling. Now I have a horse who I love more than anything that has a poor quality of life in her future. I can't ride her, she is just a pretty pasture pet. I have so much compassion for animals that I will keep her and do what I can to make her comfortable, but I am so saddened by the fact that my hopes to show her and ride her were crushed.

As for anyone who had a similar situation happen I would love for you to contact me. This has been so hard to deal with over the past few years and I hate to know that it has happened to others, however it would be nice to be in contact.

correct about one thing. ....

AUTHOR: Carolyn - (U.S.A.)

I am glad you had a good experience.  However, that does not change the FACTS at hand.

I have a DVD of the Vet exam.  I have all  of our emails including original ads placed by Johanna for the mare for sale.  You are correct about one thing....I should have flown to Bend OR ( 1500 miles ) or have spent the extra $ 400.00 +  and do a vet exam.  Being I have in writing from Johanna that the mare is SOUND I couldn't believe she would jeopardize her reputation for a measily $4000.00 horse.  I was wrong!

I also contacted my Credit Card company (B of A) Sent all my Facts.  Although because I wrote her a credit card check they could not refund my money.  I recieved from them a letter stating they had reviewed the disputed documents and although they couldnt refund my money, they felt I had a legit claim....So they (Bof A) contacted the seller, Johanna Sutterfield to ask for my money back and she 'declined".

Lastly I just think its funny when I contacted Johanna the day after I got the mare with the problems, Johanna also stated "maybe her feet hurt from standing in the trailer for so long".  Now that's funny!

I showed and trained horses in California for 13 years.  I've hauled all over the United States and Canada with horses.  I know horses!  And I know when I get ripped off.  Appearantly I'm not the only one willing to write about it.  She got someone in Calif too.  Interesting to me that you live in Houston .  Could she not find someone local to do her bidding for her?

Johanna Sutterfield

AUTHOR: AnnaB74 - (United States of America)

I have done business and lived in the local area near the Painted Outlaws Hideout/Johanna Sutterfield.  Johanna has always been known throughout the local central Oregon area for her quality show winning horses.  I am very happy with all business that I have conducted with the Painted Outlaw's Hideout/Johanna Sutterfield.  As for your "website" claim, they actually have their very own url and have had over 9000 visitors to it.  I also question as to why if you were making such an investment, that you didn't have the funds to visit the ranch or have one of the numerous vets certify the horses' condition prior to purchase?  This is common practice for any horse owner to do.