Complaint Review: John A. McCubbin M.D.

• Submitted: Wed, March 26, 2014
  • Updated: Fri, March 28, 2014

• Reported By: T.G. — Rusellville Kentucky
John A. McCubbin M.D.
1405 Nashville St. Russellville , Kentucky USA

John A. McCubbin M.D. Ruined My Natural Vision Russellville Kentucky

*Author of original report: Ruined My Vision

Opthamologist, good'old boy, very friendly and disarming.    Prior to gradually developing a mature cataract in one eye I had excellent vision.  I had never required corrective lenses for driving tests or anything else.

The surgery on the cataract eye went ok.  He missed the 20-20 target slightly but my overall vision actually improved a bit from what it had been pre-cataract.  I was happy and resisted his pressure to operate on the other eye but finally let him talk me into it.   He insisted my vision would be ever better, that the second eye also had a cataract (I didn't think so - could not see it) which could harden, might cause serious problems etc. etc.    I should never have believed him !

With this second surgery he RUINED my vision in that eye to the extent one optitian said it might be beyond "correctible" to 20-20 with ANY type of glasses.    So, here I am, considering the prohibitive danger he described in doing another surgery on that eye, unnecessarily doomed to wearing glasses etc. for the rest of my life !

Alas, I should have been content after the first surgery had good results, and NEVER allowed myself to believe his promises.     Trusting was my bad, but I suspect I'm the only older person whose vision has been damaged by this Doctor.   He touted gold but delivered mud !

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2014 09:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/John-A-McCubbin-MD/Russellville-Kentucky-42276/John-A-McCubbin-MD-Ruined-My-Natural-Vision-Russellville-Kentucky-1133784. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on John A. McCubbin M.D.

Ruined My Vision

AUTHOR: T.G. - ()

"Dr."McCubbin is an Opthamologist, a good'old boy, very friendly and disarming.    Prior to gradually developing a mature cataract in one eye I had excellent vision.  I had never required corrective lenses for driving tests or anything else.

The surgery on the cataract eye went ok.  He missed the 20-20 target but my overall vision actually improved a bit from what it had been pre-cataract.  I was happy and resisted his initial pressure to operate on the second eye, but finally let him talk me into it.   He insisted my vision would be even better; that the second eye also had a cataract (I didn't think so - could not see it) which could harden and cause serious problems soon, yak yak.

I should NEVER have believed him !

With this second surgery he RUINED my vision in that eye to the extent one optitian said it might be beyond "correctible" with ANY type of glasses.   He responded to my polite displeasure with an endless stream of technical blah blah - all of which, of course, painted him blameless.   This was the exact opposite of the glowing "easy to do" projections he used to get me to allow him to do this second eye.   Finally, he apparently gave up thinking I would be overwhelmed by the tech talk, shrugged his shoulders and dismissed the subject with something like "I made a mistake" as if "so what, whadda ya gonna do about it".  Did I ever hear "I'm sorry" in any way, shape of form ?  Heck NO !

So, here I am, considering the prohibitive danger he described in doing yet another surgery on that eye, and thus unnecessarily doomed to wearing glasses etc. for the rest of my life - glasses which CANNOT correct his extreme error !    He touted gold and delivered mud !    This "Doctor" ruined my vision in exchange for less money than I expect to spend on glasses over the next few years !

Trusting was my bad, but I suspect I'm not the only person whose vision has been damaged by this "Doctor". I saw some of his older-than-I patients leave his office after the post-op evaluation with their bandaged eyes and heads down.  To me they seemed very sad - as if they had just been given a stream of technical excuses and were accepting the false premise that their eyes were just too old to ever see well again !   I can visualize the very old led to being so optimistic about having excellent vision once again then getting crushed with the same type of blah blah results I had.   As such, THAT type of self-serving conduct by any "Doctor" is way beyond greedy: It is absolutely cruel !