Complaint Review: John Beck Free and Clear

• Submitted: Tue, May 17, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, May 19, 2011

• Reported By: dlw — Morgan Hill California United States of America
John Beck Free and Clear
Mentoring of America (MOA) 752 E. 1180 S. American American Fork, Utah United States of America

John Beck Free and Clear Mentoring of America Did not honor a signed written guarantee to refund my $10,000 American Fork, Utah

I have a money back guarantee letter from Mentoring of America who
offers education and mentoring for John Becks Free and Clear real
estate.  After buying John's $39.95 set, Mentoring of America calls you
and get's you sold on giving them $10,000 to teach
you how to buy property for just the cost of the taxes owed.  I had
called them back and said I decided not to do it and they gave me a
guarantee that if I didn't make my money back in a year they would
refund the $10,000.  So after the year I started contacting
them.  That was in Aug, 2009.  I called every couple of weeks and never
got any calls back. You call client services and they send it up to a
Supervisor or even a Manager, but they never call.   In Nov 2009 I
finally talked to someone who told me I had to show proof that I worked the system, BUT this was something they never told me and it was not in my guarantee letter. [continued below]....
.....  The last half of the
year was spent researching properties and how do you prove all the hours and hours spent doing research on the web. Had they told me I guess I could have copied web pages or something,
but no one every told me I'd need to supply this type of proof.    I sent what I had and waited for someone to call and again no one ever called me back.  I even told them if I didn't get a call I was starting action and I still never got a call.  I didn't know how to get them to respond.  My ultimate goal is to get the $10,000 back.   I see that the trade commission has a civil action against them since 2009 but have not seen any activity on that suit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2011 05:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/John-Beck-Free-and-Clear/American-Fork-Utah-84003/John-Beck-Free-and-Clear-Mentoring-of-America-Did-not-honor-a-signed-written-guarantee-to-730401. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on John Beck Free and Clear