Complaint Review: John Brogan - Premier Financial Resources

• Submitted: Fri, January 23, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, January 23, 2009

• Reported By:Marlton New Jersey
John Brogan - Premier Financial Resources
4001E Lincoln Drive West Marlton, New Jersey U.S.A.

John Brogan - Premier Financial Resources Underestimated my mortgage closing costs & fees by about 10k! Marlton New Jersey

John Brogan sold me on a mortgage in September 2007. I was 6 months pregnant. He gave me a good faith estimate for fees totaling $1,339.87 on 09/10/2007. I had liquidated my 401(k) (about 22k) to cover closing costs & downpayment. I assumed I'd be putting down 12-15k. I told him that I needed all of the 401(k) proceeds to go to the mortgage so I didn't have any penalties from the IRS. I guess John took that as he could just increase all of my fees.

10/11/07, the night before closing, he emailed me a new good faith estimate. Closing costs (not including taxes, interest, or insurance) was $4,666.17.

10/12/07, at the settlement table, my HUD showes my total closing costs (not including taxes, interest, or insurance) were really $13,037.92.

Out of my total 401(k) proceeds, I only ended up putting 6k down on the principal! John Brogan is a liar and should not be trusted.

Oh, and my interest rate started at 6%, but by the time he locked it in, we ended up getting 6.875! We told him everyday to lock it in before it went too high.

Crissie
Marlton, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2009 09:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/John-Brogan-Premier-Financial-Resources/Marlton-New-Jersey-08053/John-Brogan-Premier-Financial-Resources-Underestimated-my-mortgage-closing-costs-fees-415224. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on John Brogan - Premier Financial Resources