Complaint Review: John Colbert,Attorney

• Submitted: Tue, September 11, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, March 25, 2014

• Reported By: OkieGirl — Kingston Oklahoma United States of America

John Colbert,Attorney Colbert Law Firm Horrible experience with" Big Dog" Attorney, Internet

*Author of original report: The saga continues

Went to see "Big Dog" after on the job injury. Firm took my case May1. As of today I have received NOTHING,no medical treatment,no compensation,previous reports are all true. John is hateful,rude,went to see him,was in the middle of a nervous breakdown because I had no income coming in,employers fired me when I filed claim,was emotionally, physically, financially drained. Was in John's office app. one hour and the WHOLE time he was watching a basketball game on tv in his office.I asked him why I hadn't received treatment yet or weekly compensation (this meeting was in July) he got EXTREMELY angry with me and began shouting at me,asked me did I think he was just going to snap his fingers and everything be done?At this point he PROMISED me 3 things:treatment,compensation and settlement. My case has been on docket 2 times and after borrowing money for gas and driving to OKC for hearing,never even made it before the judge,still no treatment, still no financial compensation. John met with me in a conference room and told me I needed to settle with employer,he said,"you're not really hurt,you don't need treatment, let's just settle,l et's just get you some money. I told him that yes I WAS most certainly hurt and wanted treatment. Keep in mind this is a worker's comp lawyer I'm talking about. It seems to me that maybe he has a deal with Worker's Comp to get clients "in and out" for the least amount of effort and money. Sort of reminds me of working cattle through a chute. I also recommended my daughter to him before I discovered his TRUE character,her case was opened 2 weeks after mine and she has had the exact same experience as I. He is corrupt and rotten to the core.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2012 04:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/John-ColbertAttorney/internet/John-ColbertAttorney-Colbert-Law-Firm-Horrible-experience-with-Big-Dog-Attorney-Intern-939761. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on John Colbert,Attorney

The saga continues

AUTHOR: OkieGirl - ()

Went to federal court last week in OKC on my violation of FMLA leave against my employers. Imagine my shock when defendants attorney asked me if I knew that evaluating Dr. that JOHN COLBERT sent me to,Dr. Lonnie Litchfield,was only an Anesthesiologist and has recently had his license to practice medicine REVOKED!!!!! Defendants hired an expert witness(a Neurosurgeon) who testified that Dr. Litchfield's evaluation was erroneous and that there was absolutely NOTHING wrong with me,that I should have NEVER been taken off work and that my neck surgery was totally unnecessary!!!! Needless to say,almost 2 years after starting this case,I lost my case for the most part due to these happenings. In my opinion,these actions are absolutely absurd!!!!

Why would a legitimate attorney send someone with a closed head injury to an Anestesiologist for evaluation?? Then this Anesthesiologist writes me out a TTD (temporary total disability) form to be off for an undetermined length of time. Of course I was fired from my job,a good job making almost $17.00 an hour,lost my house and my reputation has been shattered. People,please beware if you are seeking an attorney for Worker's comp,JOHN COLBERT is NOT for the people!!!! Also,PLEASE research exactly how Worker's comp cases are handled,the time involved,the financial hardships,etc.