Complaint Review: John Demarr PI

• Submitted: Wed, March 27, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, April 02, 2013

• Reported By: Silent Witness — Garland Texas
John Demarr PI

John Demarr PI THEUSAPI.com Asset Search Inept,Incomplete and Fraudulent Practices , Internet

*Consumer Comment: Truth Be Told

*Author of original report: Never Did Sue Me

*Consumer Comment: Beware Of This Company!

*Consumer Comment: Great PI firm !

*Author of original report: Response to John DeMarr/TheUSAPI

*UPDATE Employee: Response to Toni Riss

*Consumer Comment: I Had A Good Experience With John Demarr

I hired this firm to do an asset search on a deceased relative. As the administrator of his estate I had the fiduciary responsibility to locate and report all of his assets.

Sean Wozney, representing The USA PI (theusapi.com) lead me to believe that his company could locate and report said assets with complete accuracy. Nothing could be further from the truth.

When Mr. Wozney failed to locate assets he contacted me and asked me to provide the names of any banks I was aware that my relative banked at, he also asked me to provide statements. I was quite surprised by this because if I had his bank account balances I did not require his services.

Mr. Wozney failed to perform an accurate search.  I was never provided with a report and in fact never got a report at all until I filed disputes on both credit cards that were charged.

All total Mr. Wozney found only $78,000 in assets at one bank, that bank in fact had $348,000 in assets. He failed to report on 5 other banks and several other areas of the report handed to Chase are inaccurate as well. i.e.  land, oil and gas rights and motor vehicles.

To date Chase has granted me credit for the charges put on my card, but the other bank has not.

Mr. Wozney has been deceptive in his dealings with me. He has continually refused to provide me with any proof that he ever sent me any report and when I filed the chargebacks he sent Chase a report that was dated the DAY AFTER I cancelled my request for services.

Mr. Wozney has also refused to communicate with the other bank to resolve these charges.

If you are considering using any of the aforementioned companies for an asset search please reconsider.

The actions of Mr. Wozney and The USA PI created more work for me as the administrator, not to mention that had I depended on his work as the true assets of my relative I would not only have looked foolish, but the estate could have incurred penalties and liabilities for assets not being reported.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2013 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/John-Demarr-PI/internet/John-Demarr-PI-THEUSAPIcom-Asset-Search-IneptIncomplete-and-Fraudulent-Practices-Inter-1038469. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on John Demarr PI

Truth Be Told

AUTHOR: california_grown - ()

I was a client of John Demarr's and have to say that this report sounds nothing like him. I am not sure how this article came out but John was quick with my case, serving me with the information I requested and finding the person of interest I had asked with 0 accuracy. Now I'm uncertain about this case but in my instance, John personally spoke with me and answered my questions, delivering my requests promptly. I enjoyed my experience with John Demarr as he was personable and understanding. Not once leaving me out to dry, unnoticed, any bit less of important than his major cases I assume he has. I felt taken care of and I just want to assure others that believing in an article just posted to slander the good name is a fast move to make. He helped me, why can't he help you?

Never Did Sue Me

AUTHOR: Mad As Hell - ()

To this date I have not heard anything else from them. They threatened to sue me, but never followed through.

Beware Of This Company!

AUTHOR: Karen Leonard - ()

Our experience was awful. Poor customer service, defensive and arrogant when we needed status and the documents they did provide did not meet our needs for our civil case. We ended up using a Bay Area PI who helped us so much we reached a settlement.

Be wary of damage control reviews, these folks are deceptive!

Great PI firm !

AUTHOR: Karly - ()

John and his team really helped me quicker than I thought.  They were professional and caring and got me through my troubling times. I would recommend them to anyone in need!

Response to John DeMarr/TheUSAPI

AUTHOR: Silent Witness - ()

At NO TIME was I ever presented with a completed report of my Uncle's assets by your company. In fact I had filed chargebacks on both cards and you refused to release the report to me with those chargebacks in place. Instead you provided your report to Chase Bank as they were one of the cards I had file the chargeback. Their dispute department sent me the report and requested I respond to it.

On your report there was ONE bank listed, NOT six. And may I remind you that I had to provide you with the six banks that my Uncle banked at and NONE of the remaining FIVE were on the report that Chase had.  Chase advised me that you had located $78,000 in assets approximately. The ONE bank that you DID list on the report didn't even come close to his assets there. Your report missed out on ALL of the balances at the five remaining banks and your report didn't even come close to the assets that my Uncle had. If you had a report with SIX banks on it why wasn't that report submitted to Chase?

You have NOT tried to resolve anything with me. Instead many of my emails were ignored and you have never provided me with delivery proof that any report was ever sent to me.

And may I remind you that I WON my dispute against you with CHASE who ruled that you failed to provide the services that I hired you for.

You report was so inaccurate, at least the one you gave CHASE. Are you now claiming that you have a new total for the assets of my relative?

If your total of assets match what is in the Chase estate account then I will apologize to you, however I have every reason to believe that you failed to provide me with an accurate accounting of his assets. I will also authorize you to be paid IF everything on your report matches what was moved to the estate account.

As far as stocks go my uncle did not invest in stocks in the common market, he held cooperative shares with the local farm coops that I relayed to you at that time.

I am trying to be fair here, but I have a whole history of emails with you folks in which I have given you every opportunity to provide me with an accurate accounting.

Response to Toni Riss

AUTHOR: TheUSApi.com - ()

We regret that Ms. Riss feels insufficiently served by our private detective agency. But Ms. Riss has given a false, deceptive and incomplete account of our work, and the record needs to be corrected.

Pursuant to Ms. Riss 12/02/2012 written order, we embarked on an extensive asset search, seeking any and all assets owned before death by a recently-deceased individual in Ms. Riss family. Ms. Riss written order specified several bank accounts we could look for, which Ms. Riss believed had been maintained by the decedent before death. Ms. Riss written order also hypothesized that her deceased relative owned stock in various companies.

On 12/12/2012, we delivered to Ms. Riss our 10-page written report, detailing the decedents asset holdings at death, as follows: one (1) bank account, six (6) investment accounts, four (4) different home addresses, and sixteen (16) different parcels of rural real estate. In addition, we conducted our usual research on state and federal court filings, bankruptcy court cases, criminal records, Uniform Commercial Code liens, judgments and tax liens. The latter list of searches came up negative results i.e., no listings for those categories of events and assets.

In that 12/12/2012 report, we reported that we had found no stock certificates. There is no practical way to find such information within the bounds of privacy laws. And, since there exists no central listing of individuals stock ownership in privately-held businesses and investment placements, we had no way of finding the private stocks Ms. Riss believed to exist, without a substantial on-the-ground investigation. such a search would most likely have including finding legal counsel to subpoena private records and documents. Such a search would have cost many times the budget we were provided in this case.

On 12/13/2012, we delivered to Ms. Riss our 3-page supplementary report, detailing six (6) more bank accounts held by the decedent at death.

Accordingly, Ms. Riss statement that she never received a report until she filed a chargeback for her credit card is demonstrably false. Moreover, Ms. Riss statement that we reported only one (1) bank account to her is demonstrably false. In fact, we found seven (7) bank accounts and six (6) investments accounts in the decedents name.

We have been licensed private detectives for more than twenty (20) years, and have many satisfied repeat customers. Our agency provided Ms. Riss with EXACTLY what she ordered, with two  timely, professional written reports. We have tried diligently to resolve this matter amicably with Ms. Riss, but at this point unfortunately will be proceeding with legal action against her for her libelous statements disparaging our employees and company.

TheUSApi.com

I Had A Good Experience With John Demarr

AUTHOR: critneyclears - ()

Great company. John is a really easy guy to work with and his other employees are very helpful and communicated details on my case with me very efficiently. All in all, don't believe everything you read online. The service I received was done neatly and very quick, quicker than I thought actually. Great PI company all together!!