• Report: #992005

• Updated: Tue, January 29, 2013

• Reported By: jonathanmark — littlton Colorado United States of America
John Elway chevolet
1080 s col blvd denver, Colorado United States of America

John Elway chevolet I was sold a vehicle several thousand dollars over value,two days later i lost my job. so i returned the car to them. three days later still no loan approved, I advised them that I had been terminated denver, Colorado

*Author of original report: Car had no inspection from John Elway Chevrolet

*Consumer Comment: Your report is a little confusing....

*Author of original report: Dont buy at John Elway

*Consumer Comment: I'm a little puzzled.....

On Dec 15 2012 I purchased a vehicle from John Elway Chevrolet for 22,000.00.  A day and a half later I was terminated from my employment.  I called the dealer and advised them of my situation and wanted to see what could be done as I was not able to keep the vehicle due to lack of employment.  At this time I was told that they had not even gotten loan approval anyway.  I advised them that Iwillbe to returning the vehicle to them and call it even knowing they would keep the $200.00 I had given them as a down payment.  I was advised that verification of employment had not even been done yet, and upon surrending the vehicle  still no loan approval.  3 weeks later I recieved a letter saying that the loan had been declined and since I no longer had the vehicle understood that unless I disputed the letter that no other action was required.  Around Jan 1, 2013, Irecieved phone call from a co called sontodarero finance co aproving the loan.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2013 07:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/John-Elway-chevolet/denver-Colorado-80246/John-Elway-chevolet-I-was-sold-a-vehicle-several-thousand-dollars-over-valuetwo-days-lat-992005. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on John Elway chevolet

Car had no inspection from John Elway Chevrolet

AUTHOR: jonathanmark - (United States of America)

Thats right no inspection on my car ! The oil was black and the air filter was so dirty the filter fell apart when removed!!!!!! The engine is making nocking and ratle noise now.  I went to elway chevrolet n asked if the oil had ben changed .They looked it up and no was the answer from sevice.So they changed the oil and still did no more then that and had the car back out of there sevice bay in 20 mins.Didnt evan get my wiper wash fluid filled.I asked if they did the inspection on the car there reply was no need the cars only 2 years old.Talk about a shady dealer. what a ripoff. The car has 35000 miles on it ya i think theres a need!!!

Your report is a little confusing....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

What car(s) do you have now? The new one, your old one, or both?

If they really kept your old car, didn't pay it off or compensate you, call the colorado licensing board.

Ir, as I suspect, you're totally confused, forget it.

Was that loan approval from Santander?

If so, you were dealing with a subprime (deadbeat) lender.

Would that accurately describe you?

Dont buy at John Elway

AUTHOR: jonathanmark - (United States of America)

I also never got a check for part of my pay off on my other car loan. so now i have two car loans doesent seem right to be financed for a car when i never got what the dealer promised.

I'm a little puzzled.....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

What did John Elway Chevrolet have to do with ANY of your problems?

"John Elway chevolet  I was sold a vehicle several thousand dollars over value.."

How did that happen...did they FORCE you to buy it at that amount?

I think they did the right thing ALL the way.

Ialso suspect that the finance company was not influenced in any way by the dealership to call you.

You'll probably find they're a subprime (deadbeat) lender.

Car dealerships don't have the best reputations, but it looks like you're unfairly claiming they mis-treated you.

Nope, I DON'T work for them...never have.