In June of 2007 I got married and everything was great until September 2009. He was called to deployment by the United States Navy and I knew I could handle that, nothing wrong. While he was going through Pre-Deployment, we honestly tried to get him back home due to a medical condition that I had and still have with it being a blood disorder trait that causes sever medical symptoms. I even sent the medical paperwork to his commanding officer as John had told me. Nothing worked so I kept thinking to myself, fine I'll just deal with this myself the best I can and he'll come home......far from it. I even ended up having an appendectomy due to it while he was in pre-deployment. They thought it was my appendix until they went in there and well they told me about it and took pictures but still did it since they already opened me up.
In June of 2008, we were talking ONLINE and he said that he wanted to get a divorce. Never even called me, nothing so we did talk it out and I was ok with it. This was after a recent car accident that yes the car was in his name but I was making the car insurance payments of my own money.
2. HE STOPPED ALL SPOUSAL SUPPORT DURING THE TIME WE WERE MARRIED. I asked about it towards as JAG lawyer and he said he honestly could not do this under certain qualifications that I met. So I told John and this was good for about another month then off it went again before the divorce.
In November 2009
When he got home, oh wait that's right I NEVER KNEW HE CAME HOME. He never called me, he never saw me, nothing. The next thing I knew, I was served with divorce papers.
So this being my 1st divorce, I didn't know what to do and my mother had been through one. I didn't have money for a lawyer so she told me, meet with his lawyer and tell him everything so I did.
I thought it was gonna be not a bad ordeal ya know, yea I ended up crying because honestly I didn't want this divorce at all. We didn't even try marriage counselling or anything.
As of Feb. 2009 this is what I ended up with:
1. All possession of each other will be returned, I had my stuff but HE NEVER CAME AND GOT HIS UNTIL I TOOK IT OVER TO HIS OWN FATHERS IN MARCH.
2. I would have to pay for a car that yes I wrecked. I honestly tried to fix it up with my money but even the mechanic told me that it was more money to put in it then it's worth literally. Also he never had insurance when I was dating him, I had to put it on myself.
3. What about emotional stress? The knowledge that yes I was getting a divorce but I would at least get an email or phone call telling me I am home and we can proceed with it.......never got anything. I still loved the guy and was worried until those came in.
4. Our divorce decree says we can talk civil about anything we want to but there is not to be any harassment/threatening/all this and that.......well hmmm:
This is from one of the emails that I had gotten
I have moved to Michigan to be closer to my girlfriend andto call my Dads house or try to be in contact with my family.I will also consider that
calling you would be very unfair towards Sarah. I could not and will
not do that to her. She has gone through a lot of hurt also in this
divorce and we want this to be behind us. Sarah is the ONLY girl that
I care about and will ever care about! <name removed>, I have moved on with my
life and I am happy with my life! Also, you are not
Now I'm not upset with this girlfriend or whatever but who the hell is she? I had never heard of her before and he never mentioned her. How did she get hurt in this divorce too when it was only a few months also I never saw her name in those papers? Also I never asked about this woman, and when did calling his father when he doesn't even live with him anymore count as harassment? When you don't live with someone and your name isn't on the phone bill then who are you to tell me who I will call and who I won't.
Also makes you think where he went after deployment and yes while we were married and going through divorce.
I don't know, should I take this to court? Or should I just let it go.....I don't know all I know is don't even date him or even think of marrying him. He'll just go from one woman to the next marriage or not. He ain't worth it