Complaint Review: John Hensley

• Updated: Thu, July 04, 2013

• Reported By: Tboy1 — Warrenton Missouri
John Hensley
Nevada National Guard he says. v, Nevada USA

John Hensley tried to get me to buy a car from him before he is shipped off to Afghanistan in 15 days. Through the National Guard in Nevada and DAS v Nevada

*Consumer Comment: comment

This is how it started. We coversed a few times through e-mail before I figured it out.

Hi ,

The Altima it is in perfect condition, there's not a scratch or any dents on it.Everything from engine to tires is mint condition. I have a clear title with no liens or loans. I'm selling it so low due the fact that my medical team will deploy back to Afghanistan on July 15th for 1 year contract and its not worth keeping insurance and paying storage fees for 1 year so there's no use on keeping it., therefore I need a fast and reliable buyer. If you are interested email me back.

A few words about the Altima:
- 2003 Nissan
Automatic
- Engine: 3.5L V6 MPI DOHC 24V
- Vin 1N4BL11E03C309847
- Pics available at:http://s1348.photobucket.com/user/johnhensley20000/library/
If you want to buy it or need further information please get back to me as soon as possible!

Best Regards,
Senior Medic Sgt. 1st John Hensley

I responded to that.

Here's what he sent back:

Hi again,i am currently stationed at Nevada Army National Guard. We are getting ready for Afghanistan. We are in the final stage of our training and we are not allowed to use the phone during this period. This is supposed to keep us focused on our trainings. I am only allowed to check my email few times a day. I hope you can understand that we will have to stick to email for now. The vehicle is here with me at the base but I’ve already made all the arrangements with DAS to pick it up from the base. DAS will also handle the title transfer for an extra $75.00. Being in the army has some advantages and one of them is the fact that I can ship it very cheap and i will pay for the shipping charges. I am a member of the Google wallet protection program and using this service you will give a 5 days testing period after delivery. During that 5 days testing period I will not be getting any money. I need to know if you are interested in buying it so I can ask Google wallet to send you the details on how this works. I have to fill out a form on Google wallet and I need the name that will go on the title and an address where you want the vehicle delivered. Once I do it, Google wallet will email you all the details on this transaction and we can get the ball rolling.

That's where I stopped, right after this last message from him. Get em if you can. Thanks I did not spend any money

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2013 12:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/John-Hensley/v-Nevada/John-Hensley-tried-to-get-me-to-buy-a-car-from-him-before-he-is-shipped-off-to-Afghanista-1064353. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on John Hensley

AUTHOR: Jeanski - ()

This is a common scam and you are wise to have avoided it.  His story is so full of holes.  Anyone who has ever been in the military will easily identify them. I won't point them out in the hopes that the scammers don't get too much smarter. At this rate, we might be able to put them out of business!

loose