Complaint Review: John Karen - EBAY

• Updated: Tue, May 11, 2004

• Reported By:Albany Oregon
John Karen - EBAY
Bibliothekstr. 7 Nationwide Germany

John Karen ATV 4x4 auction Ebay never received product after paying SCAM Berlin Nationwide

After searching for a few weeks for an ATV on ebay I finally ran accross on that I liked...It looked in really good shape and the starting price was in my price range...I e-mail the seller asking for shipping cost and he replied that shipping is included. The seller lives in Germany.

AFter a few more e-mail back and forth he "contacted" the third party to handle the funds and I got what looked like an offical e-mail and website from Square trade who is a legit business. I proceeded with the purchase sending what I thought was the company a western union payment of $2500...Now three days later I haven't heard from him and he won't respond to my e-mails.

Searching further into the e-mail that he sent me and his feedbacks I came to the conclusion that I have been scammed. It appears that the feedbacks shown on ebay were taken from someone else. The second e-mail from the fake "Square trade" confirmed that I have been scammed...he has already picked up the money...I work long and hard to save that money so that I can finally have a quad...I'm searching for a way to get this guy and stop him from doing this to other people and if possible get my money back. The latter is probably impossable...

Kari
Albany, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2004 01:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/John-Karen-EBAY/nationwide/John-Karen-ATV-4x4-auction-Ebay-never-received-product-after-paying-SCAM-Berlin-Nationwide-91027. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on John Karen - EBAY