Complaint Review: John Moore Plumbing

10005 W. Sam Houston Pkwy N., Houston, Texas United States of America
  • Phone: 1-877-730-2525
  • Web:
  • Category: Plumbing

John Moore Plumbing I was charged 849.00 to replace a 15 foot piece of PVC pipe from the air conditioner. They charged $39.99 per foot for the pipe. I later found out the pipe sells for $1.65 per foot at home depot. T Houston, Texas

On 10/12/2010 I had a leak that caused the ceiling in one of my bedrooms to fall in. It was late in the day so I called John Moore plumbing because they advertise 24 hour service. They told us the problem was with the air conditioner and that they would have to replace a pipe.  They said the charge would be $847. I was upset and not thinking straight and just wanted the problem fixed.  They replaced a 15 foot piece of pipe.  They charged $599 for a piece of PVC that sells for about $10.00. They charged $120 for the insulation which should have cost no more than $15.00.  The rest was labor. They then tried to sell me a complete air conditioning and heating system. At that point I didn't trust them so I called out two other plumbers and two air conditioning men.  All four of them laughed when I told them what John Moore had charged me.  They all said the job should cost between $200-$350 at the most.  I called John Moore to complain and spoke to Erik Gonzales. He tried to tell me that John Moore does not claim to be the cheapest. I told him that doesn't mean they have to take advantage of people and charge 3-4 times what a job should cost. He told me to send him a written estimate from one of the plumbers and he would see what he could do.  I sent him an estimate for $350 and when I called him he said there was nothing they could do.  That was their price.  I told him they were crooks who took advantage of people during emergencies.  I have since spoken to many people including adjusters at my ins. company who say they continually hear about "rip off" jobs done by John Moore.  I don't know how they can continue to get away with that but I plan to do whatever I can to make people aware of what kind of company they are.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2010 11:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/John-Moore-Plumbing/Houston-Texas-77498/John-Moore-Plumbing-I-was-charged-84900-to-replace-a-15-foot-piece-of-PVC-pipe-from-the-660437. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on John Moore Plumbing