Complaint Review: John Moore Services

• Updated: Thu, November 18, 2010

• Reported By: Justme — Houston Texas USA
John Moore Services
johnmooreservices.com Houston, Texas United States of America

John Moore Services, John Moore LP Another John Moore Plumbing Ex Employee spills the beans on this rip off master Houston, Texas

*Consumer Comment: "Overcharged" Update.

*Consumer Comment: Overcharged.

As an ex-employee of John Moore Services I also was very bothered how we were forced to lie to the customers. I quit after I worked there for about 4 months. We always told the customers that we would be there within a certain time frame but we all knew they would be late. We were told to give a 3 hour time frame but it almost always was 2-3 hours later or the next day.

I had no idea that Mr V was the acting Pres for the BBB.....now I understand how he is able to plaster on his trucks how he wins the BBB award every year.

Also as the other ex mentioned the Moore family does not own this company. I was told that it was an angry take over. We were also told to tell people that we ran the company just like the Moores did, but it wasnt.

I would speak to customers with problems and I would do my best to make sure they were going to be taken care of.

If you are looking for a company to help you please call someone else. Mr V has a new building to pay for so he will rip you off. One other thing that he does, he fires his employees with no regret, he will pay for that. What goes around comes around.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2009 11:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/John-Moore-Services/Houston-Texas-/John-Moore-Services-John-Moore-LP-Another-John-Moore-Plumbing-Ex-Employee-spills-the-bean-491487. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on John Moore Services

"Overcharged" Update.

AUTHOR: Jim Bush - (United States of America)

John Moore Plumbing has contacted me and admitted that I had been overcharged by their serviceperson. They apologized and are in the process of refunding me a reasonable portion of the original bill.

They were courteous and cooperative. Barring any problem obtaining my refund, I have changed my attitude about this company. The work that was done was adequate, and their response to my concern about being overcharged has been more than sufficient.

Overcharged.

AUTHOR: Jim Bush - (United States of America)

They charged me $900 to replace a 4ft. peace of plastic hot water pipe, and made me pay up front and sign a release before their service person would do the work.
My wife and I had just come back from a trip, we were tired and it was on a weekend, so we went ahead and relented.
Then when I saw how little it took, in time and materials, to do the job, I started to feel ripped off.
All the service person had to do was cut two small holes in an easily accessible area of sheetrock, remove the old pipe, and then put the new one in.
It took no more than two hours, including the trip to the store to get the new pipe and couplings.
On top of this, I could not read what he had actually charged me for everything on the work sheet.
And then, when I emailed them, twice, with my complaints, I got no response.
I will never do business with these people again. And I will, certainly, never recommend them to anyone.

And now the water stream, of the faucet the new pipe is connected to, is less than it was before.