Complaint Review: John Moore Services

• Updated: Thu, May 30, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — Houston Texas
John Moore Services
Houston, Texas USA

John Moore Services Unrealistic quote, scare tactics ( breaker panel unsafe, needs replacing) $3700; second opinion cost me $85 Houston Texas

The electrician told me my breaker panel was unsafe, could catch fire; had aluminum in panel. Showed me broken wire ( which I'm not real sure was already broken) stating it took 1200 degrees for this to happen. He went on and on.. I was scared to go to sleep that night. All needed to be replaced for the small sum of $3700- asked for him to give this to me in writing - he wrote amount on back of business card. Did receive email from company , when I requested it, But I couldn't understand info. Also gave me quote of $325-350 to repair undercounter light. Received second opinion, which cost me $85 to repair wire. The electrician said, " this box is fine, I would have it in my house." Undercounter light would cost approx $125. This electrician knew, Without me mentioning a name, what company had given me first quote. "Those guys work on commission ". What a terrible experience.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2013 07:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/John-Moore-Services/Houston-Texas/John-Moore-Services-Unrealistic-quote-scare-tactics-breaker-panel-unsafe-needs-repla-1054953. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on John Moore Services