Complaint Review: John Parker

• Updated: Mon, October 12, 2009

• Reported By: Jenny — Morton Illinois USA
John Parker
Jacksonville, Florida United States of America

John Parker Financial Crime Division out of Jacksonville, FL Imposing as a police officer, complete fraud. Man with heavy accent and aggressive. DO NOT GIVE YOUR INFO. Could not supply any pertinent information about call or supply any written information. Jacksonville Florida

*Consumer Comment: John Parker

*Consumer Suggestion: Guard your identity

*Consumer Comment: Question

I received a call from a John Parker stating he is with the Financial Crime Division in Jacksonville, FL. Telling me that I need to listen to him and that I am being sued and if I do not comply I will be arrested. You can barely understand him, he has a thick accent and talks quickly. I start to ask him questions, but he does not allow. He insist that you listen to him and then tells you a Case # and Division #. I again ask him to send this in writing. He tells me he cannot do this. I then tell him, you are not a legit company then. He becomes aggravated and starts to read a social security number and a address wanting me to confirm if these are mine. I repeatedly tell him he is wrong and frustrate him because I want his information to call him back. Scary thing is the information he had was mine. I immediately end the call and try to call the phone number on my cell 052439799 that popped up when he called. Of course, there is no such number. I then went on the lovely internet and found similar cases. I went to my Human Resources director and told her of this and that is when she said, a matter of fact, he has been leaving messages on my phone and I have not called him back. I am following up with our local state's attorney's office and alerting my bank about this. Do not give any information. Confirm your first name only and see if he gives you information....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2009 09:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/John-Parker/Jacksonville-Florida-/John-Parker-Financial-Crime-Division-out-of-Jacksonville-FL-Imposing-as-a-police-officer-490009. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on John Parker

John Parker

AUTHOR: Shaniqua - ()

I also have been recieving numerous calls from John Parker from Florida stating that he is with the federal government. This man also has a heavy accent and is very aggressive. He claims that I have been selected from the government to recieve $7000. He then says that I must send $320 to India for him to release the money to me. I have been askng questions like why? He states that its the policy. He also has different partners calling from Washington D.C. and New York regarding the same thing. I knew not to agree to any of his questions because the lady at Western Union told me that the same thing happend to her so WATCH OUT!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Guard your identity

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (U.S.A.)

It has become clear from numerous reports of this scam, that the scammers have come into posession of a large amount of personal information, including names, addresses, phone numbers, references, bank acct. numbers and social security numbers.

Most of those reporting the scam indicate that at some time in the past, they filled out an online loan application. My guess is that these scammers have obtained (most likely illegally) a large database of this personal info. While these particular scammers are only using the info to try to make themselves appear to be a legitimate collector, that does not mean they couldn't sell the info to some other criminal when they are done with it. The amount of information they are revealing on these phone calls is enough to allow anyone to steal your identity.

If you've received one of these scam calls, you should consider your identity to be at risk. I highly recommend going to the FTC's identity theft website and taking the precautions outlined there :

Question

AUTHOR: Concerned - (USA)

I've also been a victim of this guy's harassing phone calls. From the research Ive done online it appears this guy has possibly gotten our information from past cash advances. The problem is I have had several in the past before I realized what a trap they were (especially when you have several at one time), and I have worked very hard to pay them all off. I have had cash advances from companies both online and that are local in my town, so it is hard for me to track down where he might have gotten the information. If anyone else reading this has had the same problem, and has had a cash advance could you please let me know from what company & if it was online or in person, I would really like to try to track down where he has gotten his information and whether it was a leak or whether the company voluntarily sells their customers personal info. Thanks for your help, and Ill definitely keep you all updated with anything that I find.