- Report: #675464
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: John Robert Powers Baltimore
John Robert Powers Baltimore201 North Charles Street, Suite 1802 Baltimore, Maryland United States of America
John Robert Powers Baltimore Scam modeling and talent agency Baltimore, Maryland
*Consumer Comment: Strictly Not Accurate and Lacking Industry Knowledge
Here is the real information about John Robert Powers Baltimore:
1) Inna Elbert & Michael Elbert are the owners of John Robert Powers Baltimore. Inna Elbert is Michael Elbert's Daughter.
2) Sean Wright-Verdun is the supposed Media Director but is also the talent scout for the school and knows how to target kids. He also operates under different names so do not get fooled.
3) The school targets kids in malls, schools, festivals, cheerleading events, modeling events, model searches, etc... All of the places where John Robert Powers attends know that JRP is a scam including the schools where John Robert Powers sits in their cafeteria or classrooms marketing to kids without parental permission.
4) There is no accounting department for John Robert Powers Baltimore, Michael Elbert is the accounting department and one of the owners.
5) The reason why John Robert Powers Baltimore is still in business is because they are politically and criminally connected so stay away.
6) If you pay John Robert Powers Baltimore any money, you will never get it back.
7) John Robert Powers Baltimore brings down agents from various companies around the US who are not looking for talent but just for the paycheck and the free trip to rack up frequent traveler discounts on Amtrak or Airlines. The companies that do come down and want the kids are scam companies themselves.
8) The kids that are currently at John Robert Powers Baltimore are brain-washed through their parents who want them to be famous and make lots of money. Others use John Robert Powers Baltimore as an expensive babysitting service.
9) The trips that John Robert Powers Baltimore does are scams so do not attend.
10) The photography packages are extremely overpriced and the photographers are friends of John Robert Powers Baltimore.
11) They will try to sell you a Demo Reel which is not needed to be in the entertainment industry.
12) There is also a high turnover rate for employees at John Robert Powers Baltimore.
13) John Robert Powers Baltimore has been successfully sued numerous times.
14) John Robert Powers is not taken serious in the entertainment industry and laughed at by many.
15) John Robert Powers Baltimore also operates The Starz 2 Be Talent Agency which is a scam. Do not fall for it.
- Stay Away and if you want to achieve success in the entertainment industry, work your way up from the bottom and also contact real companies. The reputable companies are based in New York City and Los Angeles, CA.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2010 01:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/John-Robert-Powers-Baltimore/Baltimore-Maryland-21201/John-Robert-Powers-Baltimore-Scam-modeling-and-talent-agency-Baltimore-Maryland-675464. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)