Complaint Review: John Robert Powers - JRP

• Updated: Fri, May 21, 2010

• Reported By: greg — washington District of Columbia United States of America
John Robert Powers - JRP
800 King Farm Blvd. Rockville, Maryland United States of America

John Robert Powers - JRP Scamed me and my wife out of $1,000. Rockville Maryland

*Consumer Comment: a little help

*Author of original report: Reputable what a joke!

*UPDATE Employee: John Robert Powers is very Reputable.

My wife and I took my son to an audition on march. 7, 2010 and we came back on march 8 and paid $1000 dollars toward the tuition but decided to cancel so we sent a certified letter on march 9 which they signed for on march 10 at 11:AM on march 10.

It is now April. 19, 2010 and I still have not received a dime from these people even though my wife and I have spoken with the so called manager three times over a week ago and he assured use the money would be returned by April. 11 but still no refund.

So the only other thing was for me to call a lawyer so we can get this issue resolved and I hope no one else have to go trough this these people are scam artist and I am going to fight this one to the end!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2010 06:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/John-Robert-Powers-JRP/Rockville-Maryland-20850/John-Robert-Powers-JRP-Scamed-me-and-my-wife-out-of-1000-Rockville-Maryland-594690. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on John Robert Powers - JRP

a little help

AUTHOR: Nick - (U.S.A.)

Try calling Barry again. Usually they are very good at responding to refunds. The number you should try is 301-963-8180. Call after 12 noon because I don't think the office is open till then. But they're open till nine pm. Unfortunately, Barry is the only one in the office to handle refunds. He is very professional and I'm sure that if the situation hasn't been resolved by now, it's not because JRP is avoiding you. They most likely are extremely busy. I know this isn't good business, but their intentions are good. I hope it gets resolved for you!

Reputable what a joke!

AUTHOR: grege - (United States of America)

I have tried every number you guy's have provided the 702-430-9333 always say mailbox full so come at me with that talking trash bull it's been a month and a half and I still have not recieved my money I did not attend any of your classes it took about 2 minutes to take the money out my wife's account but the money still has not been returned come now you people are stealing and as far as me not being able to afford the classes that really has nothing to do with it like I said your very unprofessional all I want is my money! you guy's responded to that quick but I can never get call back anyone when I call Mr. Barry McDonld in Rockville MD. like I said all I want is my money can you respond to that!

John Robert Powers is very Reputable.

AUTHOR: JRP - (USA)

John Robert Powers has been around since 1923 and would be out of business were it a scam.  If you are having problems with your refund all you need to do is call the corporate office at: 702-430-9333 and they will help you get it.  There is no need to trash talk JRP because you changed your mind about attending the classes or couldn't afford it afterall.