Complaint Review: John Robert Powers

• Submitted: Sat, March 21, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, March 21, 2009

• Reported By:Canoga Park California
John Robert Powers
30495 Canwood St. Suite 101 Agoura Hills, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 818-991-3030
  • Web:
  • Category: tempdir

John Robert Powers RIP-OFF - Charged me thousands of dollars for lousy classes for my kids, and never got my kids any work. Fraudulent ripoff business Agoura Hills, California

This happened less than a year ago; The staff convinced my kids to get into these acting classes by brain washing them. My husband and I wanted to do the best for our kids that we ended up signing the contract for the classes. The staff was VERY disrespectful, disorganized, unhelpful, mean and descriminatory; especially: Heather, who at that time, was supposedly the "Office Mgr". They charged me almost $2,000 for such lousy classes that just made all of our family waste our time, effort and money every Saturday we had to take the kids to attend the classes.

Every time I needed to ask them questions about the classes, they had NO idea of what to answer. Their facilities are VERY limited and small that we had to wait outside of the premises like for over 4 hours in the heat, because they didn't have much space to hold many people in their waiting area. Also, I observed descriminatory treatment given to the Latino clients, by disrespecfully kicking them out of the waiting area to have them wait outside, so the new clients wouldn't see what was going on.

The classes were not even that good. All they tought my daughter was some lines of some commertials and that was it. One of my son's teachers was absent almost all the time. My list of of complaints can keep going on and on. I seriously advise people to NOT sign any contract with these people as they are just a big fat LIE... FRAUDULENT... SCAM!!!

Canoga Park, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2009 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/John-Robert-Powers/Agoura-Hills-California-91310/John-Robert-Powers-RIP-OFF-Charged-me-thousands-of-dollars-for-lousy-classes-for-my-kids-436312. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on John Robert Powers