Complaint Review: John Robert Powers

• Submitted: Mon, August 03, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, August 31, 2009

• Reported By:charlotte North Carolina
John Robert Powers
421 Penman Street Suite 200 Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.A.

John Robert Powers Fraudulent School JRP Scammed me out of 3,000 almost got 7,400 for IPOP, I was scammed out of 3,000 for acting classess for my daughter who has wanted to be a actress since she wass 2 and I trusted them with her dream, I hope they pay for this. Charlotte North Carolina

* : We encourage Leslie to call us at iPOP! She did not sign up to attend iPOP! or pay any monies to iPOP!, but is unhappy with other services not pertaining to iPOP!

Hello I signed up Naively and paid 3,000 for my daughter to go to John Robert Powers. I was scammed out of 3,000. then they had the audacity to ask for 7,400.00 for her to go to IPOP which was supposed to be a convention to allow my daughter to be able to see or market herself or interview with many agencies at a time. I just learned recently that IPOP is put together by John Robert Powers and now I am locked into letting my daughter complete these fraudulent classess for the next 30 weeks. I wish I would have investigated or seen this first. I got involved with them first because a friend told me that her daugher got picked to do a crest commercial with this agency. and she got a scholarship to pay. but I did not know that every time you audition that someone is asking for money over and over again. I pray that someone brings this agency to justice. I am glad I did not give anymore money to this agency. I am grateful to all that exposed them for who they are. I am going to find a legitimate agent and if nothing else this was a education for me.

Leslie
charlotte, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2009 03:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/John-Robert-Powers/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28203/John-Robert-Powers-Fraudulent-School-JRP-Scammed-me-out-of-3000-almost-got-7400-for-IPOP-476095. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on John Robert Powers

Hello Leslie,

I hope that I am reading you complaint correctly.  I apologize if you are not happy with the services provided by JRP Charlotte for the classes you paid for.  It is my understanding that you paid $3000 for 30 weeks of training. If you are not satisfied with the classes, then you should bring your concerns directly to the manager and/or owner of JRP Charlotte.  Please contact me and I can give you the information for that school.

As for iPOP!, it is not owned by John Robert Powers.  However, JRP makes up a large majority of our event.  Member schools, including independents schools and performing arts academies not affiliated with JRP, bring their students to iPOP! for an opportunity to see and meet multiple agents and managers and to perform for these individuals and their peers It is only one option for getting your child in front of agents and managers.  It is often a favorable option for those families that do not live near the Los Angeles or New York markets and cannot set up appointments with those agents to see their children.  There are definitely other routes that can be taken to get your child representation in the business.  If this option is not right for you financially as well, that is very understandable.  Many past iPOP! performers have been able to attend due to hard work and diligence finding local and corporate sponsors.

I am encouraging you to call me directly so that I can help you find a resolution to your issues.  I would also like to give you the opportunity to ask questions regarding iPOP!  Please do more research on our company.  See what past parents who have attended iPOP! have to say at www.ipoptalk.com .  I would be happy to supply you with direct contact to parents that have attended.

I completely understand if you do not want to attend iPOP! or do not feel it is worth the investment, however I am not sure that this is a fair complaint, being that you have not attended iPOP! nor have you taken the time yet to speak with anyone in our main office.
Please call me directly at 702-448-2622.

Tiffany Rochel, Vice President iPOP!