Complaint Review: John Robert Powers

• Submitted: Wed, November 02, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, December 16, 2005

• Reported By:Flower Mound Texas
John Robert Powers
3105 B Winthrop Ave. Ft Worth, Texas U.S.A.

John Robert Powers Refusal to refund IPOP fees Ft Worth Texas

*UPDATE Employee: A copy of my response to Frank

*UPDATE Employee: Ft. Worth JRP under new ownership

*Author of original report: JRP Ft Worth closes its doors. Students out big $$

My Daughter was "selected" to attend IPOP, a talent showcase in NY (which is really a rip off, but that is for another time!). The full price was over $9000. We made the non refundable deposit of $1500, and continued to make payments totalling $4000 toward the balance as we could, but by the deadline date, we found that we were having difficulty coming up with sponsorships, and her acting and vocal coach quit JRP, so there were no teachers available to continue training.

We decided to drop out and had no issue with losing $1500,(even though technically they had not provided the training that was contractual) but we had paid in $4000. There was a balance due of $2500 which they admitted and agreed to. Then the games began. Angela, the owner promised to pay me in two installlments in Sept, which I was to pick up when I dropped my daughter off for class. When I arrived, Angela looked me right in the eye and said "the check is in the mail". Obviously it nver happende, then phone calls and e-mails were not answered,

When we would come to JRP we were told she was not in, and later my daughter told us she was in calls all day. Finally one day my Husband found her office and sat there until she came in and demanded a check, which she gave. Yo know the rest. I tired to deposit ti twice, called her back and she insisted if I put it in the bank, her overdraft account would cover it. NOT!

She is the worst kind of liar, because she tells lies to you face that she knows that you will find out about. What kind of an organization is this??????

Linda
Flower Mound, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2005 05:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/John-Robert-Powers/Ft-Worth-Texas-76116/John-Robert-Powers-Refusal-to-refund-IPOP-fees-Ft-Worth-Texas-162963. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on John Robert Powers

A copy of my response to Frank

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Hello Frank, I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with JRP. Your very right when you say that John Robert Powers are individually owened and operated. And there are some very legitimate schools and some amazing operators. And unfourtunatly with any franchise you have some operators where their intentions are good but they might of got in over their head.

I work for an one of the amazing owners and I'm very proud of what we do. My employer just purchased the Ft. Worth franchise. We have taken over many distressed operations and turned them around to provide a wonderful service to the students and the community, a business that the community is proud of, we will do the same in Ft. Worth.

Currently we are waiting to be liscensed in the state of Texas. We have instructed all the employees of the Ft. Worth school to call the exitsting students and disclose all information regarding the change of ownership and let them know that classes will resume, new and improved, as soon as my employer is licensed (I apologize if you did not recieve a call). We are currently shooting for the first of the year as the re-open date.

Frank, I'm not trying to win back your faith. Unfourtunatly what's done is done and it sound's like the past ownership really left a bad taste in your mouth. Personally, I don't blame you, I would be mad too.

I can't change the past...I can change the future. Although my employer has never recieved any monies from the Ft. Worth franchise, I would like to offer you and your family a refund out of our pocket. If you would please contact me at the email address listed we can process the refund in what ever way you feel is appropriate. We're going to rebuild the reputation in Ft. Worth and hopefully you'll allow us to start with you.

I would again like to appologize for your experience and I would like to assure you my check will not bounce!

Ft. Worth JRP under new ownership

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Hello Linda, I appologize for your experience. Please read the message I wrote to the first person who filed a complaint named Frank. After you've read that I would love to hear from you so we can issue a refund.

JRP Ft Worth closes its doors. Students out big $$

AUTHOR: Linda - (U.S.A.)

Teachers fired, others paid with bad checks. Our refund check bounced twice.
Dozens of students have paid IPOP registrations for LA in January are now out tuitiion plus deposits, as much as over $10000 each.
We paid $6900 for 5 years of training (received one so far) $4000 for IPOP that we could not attend.
Thee types of people make the industry look like a bunch of mercinary predators who take advantage our our passion and committment to helping our children's dreams come true and use it against us to steal our future.