Complaint Review: John Robert Powers

• Submitted: Fri, June 12, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, November 30, 2009

• Reported By:Wallis Texas
John Robert Powers
701 North Post Oak Road Houston, Texas U.S.A.

John Robert Powers THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF AND THEN LAUGH ABOUT IT . LETS GET TOGETHER AND DO SOMETHING Houston Texas

*Consumer Comment: John Robert Powers' Amazing Classes!

JR Powers is a complete rip off. I can't believe I fell for it but I did. My daughter has always wanted to be in this industry so I took her. I figured out after two classes it was a joke and sent a certified letter for a refund. I called and was told it was coming for two months. Now they pretty much said get a lawyer. I ahve contacted a local news station hoping someone will pick this story up. Even if not the people in Houston that this has happened to need to get together. There is power (no pun intended) in numberse. Let's get together and show up with signs on the audition day. Let's stop this crap!

Harvest
Wallis, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2009 02:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/John-Robert-Powers/Houston-Texas-77024/John-Robert-Powers-THEY-WILL-RIP-YOU-OFF-AND-THEN-LAUGH-ABOUT-IT-LETS-GET-TOGETHER-AND-D-461172. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on John Robert Powers

John Robert Powers' Amazing Classes!

AUTHOR: Actorman - (USA)

You signed a contract Harvest for classes and didn't go.  How is that JRP's fault?  You should have completed your classes and you would know they are amazing.  How is it you figured out that the classes were a joke?  Were you in the classes with your daughter?  If so then that is probably why she didn't do as well.  If you were not in the classes and all you did was ask your daughter what she did that day, my guess is you didn't come up with much.  Ask any kid when they get home from school what they did that day and they will say "Nothin".  Now do you think that they really did "nothin" or did your child not take advantage of what was being taught.  You ask the teacher what needs to be studied or worked on if you really want to know.

I find that kids don't realize all the work that is involved in getting into the entertainment business.  When they start their first classes they begin to realize and then want to quit.  Kids do this with soccer, dance, gymnastics you name it.  If JRP saved a spot for your kid in their class and your child decides not to do it, that is not the fault of JRP.  That is the fault of the parent for letting them drop out early.  I was always taught as a kids that if I start something I must complete it even if I don't like it.  So I had to finish that season of little league baseball as a kid so I could learn that you can't quit in the middle of something.

Shame on you Harvest Wallis for letting your kid quit in the middle of the classes.  Experts all say you should have them complete at least the initial commitment that they signed up for.  How else do they learn determination and maturity.

I wouldn't blame JRP at all for this I'd blame you.  Someone should call the local news on you and picket outside of your house with signs for being a bad example for your daughter.