Complaint Review: John Robert Powers

• Submitted: Sun, February 18, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, October 09, 2009

• Reported By:Reno Nevada
John Robert Powers
4305 Beverly St. Suite E Springs, Colorado U.S.A.

John Robert Powers rip off dishonest marketing for business Springs Colorado

*Author of original report: just sitting here wit BIG SMILE on my face

*UPDATE Employee: Thurstonh, you are just plain wrong about JRP

*Consumer Comment: Who are these JRP teachers? Do a search on your teachers at IMDB.com and see what they have done.

*Consumer Comment: Dont tell me I dont know what Im talking about, Im in the business!

*Consumer Suggestion: NICK YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT

*Author of original report: Ok... I've said and read what I've had to read. That's enough!

*Consumer Comment: Way to be a bigger person....

*Consumer Comment: Whatever Nick!

*Consumer Comment: about callbacks and JRP....

*Author of original report: Yeah.... "Billy" keep being a suck up!

*Consumer Comment: BOO WHO

*Author of original report: That's what I thought John...!

*Author of original report: You had nothing to do with this John! Stay out of it!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: You have bad information

In the year of 2002 I was going through the yellow pages to look up "agents". What I came up with was John Robert Powers.
I attended a screening with them.

Once I was at the screening, there were many people in the waiting room. Once a woman came in, she explained to everyone that John Robert Powers as a matter of fact was an agency. She also explained that by paying the amount of money they would assign you onto, they would represent you.

The amount depended onto which level of training they said you needed. During my first screening, I know for a fact that I did terrible. I tried doing what I had just seen a girl doing before me.

I had a men's commercial to read. They told me to call back, I called back. When I spoke with Taya, she told me that I had done "great" at the screening.

Taya then asked me to go in with my mom to a second screening. We attended a second screening. Once I had read all of the lines, I knew that I had done terrible again.

I was expecting for them to say something like, "You're not doing very well, but the training can definetly help you out".
Instead, Taya told me that I was great.

She even told me that Telemundo was in great need of bilanguals like myself and that Telemundo very often went in to do castings. We paid up a total amount of $2000.00. The training was the most unprofessional experience that I had ever gone through!

My first coach was, Patrick Baca, he teached sitcom class. All he really did was toss in the movie "Back To The Future" and had us watch it. He then later on just talked about how movie producers and editors most likely got fired for not editing the movie correctly.

I honestly do not understand how tossing in "Back To The Future", and talking about how producers and editors most likely got fired, really meant training in the subject "sitcom". Very soon after that, the coach quit and they got someone new. I was asked to pick another class.

My next class was Improv/Dialect with Donna Vessey. Although Donna was the sweetest woman I had ever met she really didn't do much training in the subject "Improv/Dialect". All she had us do was go around in a circle and tell a story. She really believed that that was going to train us.

She actually did not even tell us something like, "well, you should work more on your facial expressions", as a way to help us improve. That was it. Then she found another job and they had to hire a different coach.

The next coach was, Dan Colasanti, he was a coach in Monologue/Camera. Once again, not much help with the training. All he had us do was, stand up infront of everyone, and say a monologue. He never told us if we needed to work on something in order to improve ourselves as actors.

It's kind of funny, even though the subjects were, "Monologue/Camera", there was never a camera involved. I remember auditioning the first time ever for an agent. The agent was Sterling Terrant.

This agent was not necessarily looking for good actors, but good voices. I was put on the callback list. I was never called back.

I auditioned for about three more years in John Robert Powers and discovered something startling. One day I happened to audition for an incredibly awesome woman by the name of Melanie. She saw how I did my monologue and said that she would like to sign me after a second audition with her.

Se did very clearly say that I was not doing anything right. She said that I was too "Broadway" and that I needed to do my monologue in a very natural way. I was all out of class time and couldn't afford any more to get it right!

I met her once again, and didn't pull it off. She asked me, "did your coaches not tell you what to do in an audition?" I said, "No! They didn't. They did not train me like they were supposed to." She then said, "you might wanna speak with the Educational Director and let her know that you need to be given some free time class because of the fact that they didn't teach you anything that they were supposed to."

I didn't do so because I knew that they wouldn't have done so. I also recall auditioning for The JRP exclusive representation. That meant auditioning for the agents of the agency itself and if you were selected they would help you get jobs. I got on the callback list, wast told they would call me back so I could sign a contract with them, and was never called back. I was around John Robert Powers for over five years and got nothing off of it.

I understand that getting in the business takes years, but really, what they did was against the law! They charged my poor hard working mother $2000.00, not to mention the $500.00 for the photoshoot, promised me that Telemundo was in often, and that they would train me the right way in order to get to where I wanted to be.

Also because of the fact that, none of the times that I was in a callback list, was I called back! I actually moved to Reno, began attending the John Robert Powers down here, hoping that I'll do it right one day. Yet, there is a bigger deal with the John Robert Powers down here. I actually became an employee and discovered so many fraudilant situations going on down here. About this you will read at a later time. For now, I am collecting everything that The BBB (Better Business Bureau) needs to know. Get this, me and the former Promotional Director are going to do the reports together, because only we have had the guts to do somehting about the situation in Reno.

John Robert Powers only has greedy people that try their hardest to take your money!

Salvador
Reno, Nevada

STOP! ..before you think about using the Better Business Bureau (BBB)... CLICK HERE to see how other consumers were victimized by the BBB's false or misleading information. Don't be fooled! It has been reported, when there are thousands of complaints and other investigations underway by authorities, the BBB has no choice but to finally give an UNsatisfactory rating to a BBB member business that is paying the BBB big membership fees every year. When a business is reported that is NOT a BBB member, BBB files WILL more likely show an UNsatisfactory rating, then reportedly shake down that company to become a member of the BBB. One positive thing about the BBB is, either way, if a business has an unsatisfactory rating with the BBB, you can be sure, the business is bad. But what about all those BBB member businesses that had complaints filed against them? Consumers never get to hear about them. What about the BBB advertising to the public? Is this a false and misleading perception they are giving about consumer confidence when dealing with a business? Click here to understand more of what consumers and business alike are saying about the BBB. You decide. ..Remember. The BBB membership is not earned, it's paid for!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2007 01:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/John-Robert-Powers/Springs-Colorado-80920/John-Robert-Powers-rip-off-dishonest-marketing-for-business-Springs-Colorado-236284. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on John Robert Powers

just sitting here wit BIG SMILE on my face

AUTHOR: Salvador - (U.S.A.)

So what happened John?? Or you Marcia?? What happened to the so called famous JRP of Colorado Springs??

You're not in business anymore are you?! Atleast you're not doing so well, hu?? It's like the saying says, "GOOD ALWAYS PREVAILS!""

That's a fact!

Thurstonh, you are just plain wrong about JRP

AUTHOR: Nick - (U.S.A.)

Thurstonh, I copied what you wrote and I'd just like to point out a few things. I do teach for a JRP. Whatever you wrote, I put in quotes. Whatever I write, well, it isnt. Here goes...

"Who are these JRP teachers? Do a search on your teachers at IMDB.com and see what they have done."

Not all actors are on IMDB, so don't get parents freaked out when they check and find that the instructor isn't on the site. Its a non-issue here.

"30 Years in Hollywood"

I just seem to doubt this.

"Hi. I am sorry that you were ripped off but I have to say that your experience with the John Robert Powers franchise system is very typical. I have been fascinated by this horrible company for many years and have spoken to many ex students and ex 'employees' about how it works. My understanding is that as a corporation a large part of their income is derived from the selling of 'territories' to people for about 75 thousand dollars despite knowing that it is extremely unlikely that the purchaser will ever be able to keep up with the agresive payment scheme that is a part of the system. When the businesses fail the mother corporation gets to keep the initial payments and then has the territories to sell again and again."

How would any former student or employee know this??? I doubt the owners of the franchise discuss their partnerships with the corporation to them. And, as an instructor, I can say that I dont know if this is true or not, but again, this seems irrelevant to any complaints here. If the buyer of the location can't keep up with the payments, thats on the buyer.

"This is why so many of the franchisees are willing to go along with the tactics that JRP proposes...because if they do not they know that they will lose their investment and will end up with nothing."

Every individual JRP is run as a seperate entity, so there are no "tactics" that JRP even proposes.

"I have been watching people with 'training' from JRP come through our offices for many years and inevitably the 'training' that they may have recieved while having their wallets emptied by JRP has nothing to do with the actors future success."

Funny, because I train them the same way I was trained...in college....in grad school...and in the professional field.

"I have heard that no one is rejected from a JRP casting call....that alone is a good indication of their true motivations."

Who have you heard this from? What valid sources did you get this information from? NO, JRP does NOT accept everyone. In fact, we select very few of those who audition. Sometimes, JRP doesn't accept you because of talent, but because of what the parent is looking to get for the child. Some take the classes for confidence, some for a creative outlet, and some (regretfully) do it so their kids can make them rich.

"I can honestly say that in 30 yers or so of productionf I have only ever seen JRP people booked as extras. No reputable talent agent would call JRP and ask them to send over some talent for a real casting session because we all know that those sent will be just the ones available at that time. Who is in house and needs to be pumped for cash...send them to the audition. JRP knows that you wont book the job...but they dont really care about that. Just the fact that they were able to get you into an audition will help them to get more money from the actors."

This makes no sense. For someone with a supposed 30 years in the bizz, I would hope there'd be more logic in it! If JRP would send "just anyone who is available at that time", and the agent doesn't like them, the agent would never use that JRP again. Why would JRP take a risk like that? How does sending the student/actor to the audition make money for JRP?? This is where you don't make sense. An actor doesn't pay for the audition. If they go, they go, at no cost. If the agent decides to acquire that actor as a client, there is no cost. The agent only collects money from the actor when that specific agent books them work. For someone with 30 years in the industry, you should know this.

"So we dont call JRP in EVER because by doing so we would just be helping them to take more money from their 'students'."

Again, if you acquire a "talent", doesn't matter from where, how does a third party make money off of that? Are you pulling shady business practices? And exactly what agency are you with?

"If you look at the JRP site or at any of the franchise sites you will see many references to success stories and lots of references to big actors who went through JRP.....All I can say is that you should not believe everything that you read on a companiues website. According to a news story taht I saw by Bill Moyers...NONE of the listed actors will admit to ever attending any JRP training!"

I've seen and heard this too. This, I cannot say yea, or nay to. I know nothing about former stars making it because of JRP. I can only say if this is true, JRP should've had reprecussions from this, and so far, there hasn't been any. So, if it really was a pressing issue, something would've been done about it by now, dont ya think?

"What does that tell you?"

It DOES tell me you can't believe everything you read...including Bill Moyer.

"Save your money. Take some acting classes at a real college or school. Avoid any place that tells you that you are going to be a star. Avoid any place that seems to have a bunch of negative comments on many websites."

Any acting school is going to cost you money. Most are even more expensive than JRP. JRP doesn't PROMISE stardom. We promise the CHANCE to get noticed by people in the bizz who are representing well known talent in the industry now. You need to understand how marketing works....again for someone with THIRTY YEARS in the bizz, you should know it.

"So good luck with your career. You didnt really miss anything by missing those classes at JRP.. They would probably have tried to get you to pay more money if they had not had to cut and run."

If you're referring to those JRP's that had dried up, yes, that's a shame. Its those buyers, and those individual owners who, unfortunately, don't know how to run a business that give JRP a bad name. I cannot vouch for those individuals. I guess there are some rotten apples in every batch. You can't blame the whole orchard for that.

"Be well"

You too!

AUTHOR: Thurstonh - (U.S.A.)

30 Years in Hollywood
Hi. I am sorry that you were ripped off but I have to say that your experience with the John Robert Powers franchise system is very typical. I have been fascinated by this horrible company for many years and have spoken to many ex students and ex 'employees' about how it works. My understanding is that as a corporation a large part of their income is derived from the selling of 'territories' to people for about 75 thousand dollars despite knowing that it is extremely unlikely that the purchaser will ever be able to keep up with the agresive payment scheme that is a part of the system. When the businesses fail the mother corporation gets to keep the initial payments and then has the territories to sell again and again. This is why so many of the franchisees are willing to go along with the tactics that JRP proposes...because if they do not they know that they will lose their investment and will end up with nothing.

What does that tell you?

Be well

Dont tell me I dont know what Im talking about, Im in the business!

AUTHOR: Nick - (U.S.A.)

You keep getting yourself confused here. JRP is NOT AN AGENCY!!!!! NOT AN AGENCY. Do those words come across ok???? They are a school system. They cannot offer a scholarship because they are considered a private extra-curricular program. If you feel you dont need training to get into the business, then by all means, go for it. But thats what JRP offers, and they also offer audition opportunities while you're in your training. Why do you consider this a rip off??? I guess I should call my colleges and ask for a refund because Im not a millionaire movie star now. Get real people.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

NICK YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT

AUTHOR: Margaret - (U.S.A.)

I went to an agency like JRP, Babrizon, & Page Parkes as a teen 20 years ago. This place handed me the same line they all do. Oh we can get you work and we can represent you. BULL!!! All modeling agencies are a big SCAM!!! All they are looking for is the money, which I did not have to take their ettiquette classes. I was a little disapointed but I eventually got over it . After attempting to raise the required fees myself I saw through the act when they would not quit bothereing me on the phone so I fianlly told them to get lost.
Any agency that was legit in my opinion would at least offer a scholarship program for a prospective student who was not as fortunate enough to be as welthey as some of the other students.

Ok... I've said and read what I've had to read. That's enough!

AUTHOR: Salvador - (U.S.A.)

Alright. well I've said what I've had to say and read what I've had to read. Apparently lame people tend to get so mad just because I obviously have good points in this whole matter. JRP simply charged for so called "professional" training but didn't train me in any way professionaly!

I was never told the exact thing to do if I was in a call back! All I was told was something like, "Well um. they'll call you when they got a job for you". I mean. Nick. cappish? Comprende? Do you get why I'm mad. Because apparently suckups (in which I've seen many) can't seem to read an original report and understand a person's feelings in the whole matter!

So Nick and Billy before you atleast "try" and imagine a person's situation and why someone's posting reports the way they are. then you might wanna have something to say in ANY matter! Try and understand my situation, don't just go off saying how things are being ran, as they weren't ran the same way when I was there.

I mean is that hard to understand?! Because if it is. you may set for life as an actor playing fairy tale roles but not for real life.

Sure you see thing now that contradict what I'm saying. but really. you weren't there!

So actually, I'm thru with this since people (suckups) like Nick and lil' ol' Billy can't seem to be mature enough to realize that they weren't even around that company the same time I was. Ofcourse. things may have changed and the company may be more legit. But really. you two should grow up!

By the way Nick. I didn't even read that whole book you posted as a rebuttal! Yeah. I noticed it just came from you and I just scrolled down and started typing all of this in! How do you like that?

I can't seem to show any respect for people that don't try and understand a person's feeling due to a certain experience. Yet you weren't even in that experience and you're telling me how things are actually done and what I did wrong. Really Buzz off. like I said, you weren't even there to tell me I did wrong.

What I hate the most is people's attitudes such as yourself! Yeah how you use lame facts. well let's just say your own personal convenient facts to get at a person. Hmmmm. I still wouldn't be surprised if this has been John posting all of the rebuttals against me. I mean . I did prove him as an unprofessional individual with no respect for the JRP students plus the way I contradicted him whenever he would respond really got to him because I proved him wrong!

So really Nick and Billy, try and understand my situation and don't just assume I've been around the regulations of the callbacks as you have. I was around total chaos. yeah the chaos that lasted 5 years! So you try and feel how I feel. Atleast try and imagine yourself in my situation and then have something to say!

YEAH FROM NOW ON NICK OR BILLY. IF SOMETHING COMES IN FROM YOU AS WELL. I'LL JUST SCROLL DOWN AND IGNORE!

Way to be a bigger person....

AUTHOR: Nick - (U.S.A.)

Well, let me disect your comment a little bit here Sal,

(First off: You and everyone else that's got to say something negative about me, BUZZ OFF! Really... I'll appreciate any consumer comments and suggestions asto how this whole situation could have ended up better! I wouldn't be surprised if this was JOHN!)

Dude, I never said anything negative about you. Grow up a bit. I was simply giving you advice on what you should've done.

(Ofcourse, I'll appreciate the comments and suggestions if they are commenting to how both parties did wrong and how it could've been a better situation! For people like you to just back a company up like that without you having been there makes you a sore loser just looking for gossip!)

I don't understand the whole "gossip" comment. I'm not saying that JRP didn't do anything wrong. I'm not saying I did either. I was stating that callbacks are just that, callbacks. That doesn't mean you're going to get work. And calling me a sore loser when you're the one complaining doesn't help your case here, does it?

(Sure, you've got a GREAT point there, buddy. Except that the problem is that you might wanna tell all executives and directors in your beloved JRP to purchase a time machine and tell all students, including me what you just let me know. )

I just need to ask you this, did you call the school and say, "Hey, just checking to see if I received a callback?" It sounds like you did. Did you then ask, "ok, what should I do now?" Or did you just get off the phone and expect these agents to start calling you left and right?

(I'll tell you why! When I was a student there, no one told me or any of the students at that time that they had to call in after getting in a call back list! I remember that most of the students said that we all had to wait until they had a job for us! No one ever said anything such as 'call back... to see where you're at in all of this'!)

Sal, this is what I'm talking to you about and you just don't seem to get it. Hence the reason for me telling you that you need to learn more about this business before you start bashing the people in it. You may receive a callback. Sometimes all that means is that the agent, manager, c.d., etc, wants to keep your information on file, and if something comes up in the future, they'll let you know. That may happen several times and you'll never hear from them. They may never call you, they may call you a year later, you never know. Like I said before, welcome to the business!

(Actually... you're such a loser that you just typed in all of that for no good reason. Read my original report....! Somewhere in there you'll find a part where I'm explaining to the public how after getting in a call back list I called in to the office and what the receptionist told me was something like, 'Salvador, congratulations! You're in the call back list! So, they'll call you up when they want you to sign'! Go looking for it.....! Ofcourse I was never called back....!)

Again, they may have liked what they saw in you, but had no work for you. If you can't handle this, get out of this business and do something that will better suit your ego...you seem to have a lot of it. You may get on the callback list, and the agent may or may not want to see a video of you....its up to them what they want. YOU NEED TO LEARN ABOUT THE PROFESSIONAL WORLD OF ACTING BEFORE GETTING ALL HUFFY AND PUFFY ABOUT CALLBACKS.

(So really... maybe your beloved JRP has more controlled actions from their behalfs.. but I'll say it to you again. What they've been telling you asto how the whole callback list thing goes, they never told me! They told me something totally different! Not just me, but many other students because they told me exactly what I told you that they had been told to do!)

No need to comment on that ridiculous statement

(Yeah... even though I wasn't told told to do that... many of the times i did call in and found out I was in the callback list. They didn't say anything specific to do next, so still their fault.)

How is it someone else's fault that an agent didn't call for you? Again, turn down your ego a bit there buddy.

(For your information: I do great in the acting business where I'm at now! Don't need you to try and make me feel bad for not sticking with John Robert Powers!)

I'm not trying to make you feel bad, only helping you see the light.

(ONE LAST THING! Yeah.. why don't any of you suck ups back me up after proving John as such an unprofessional individual?! Go thru the whole thing again.. because there are so many parts where I get him good and that's why he hasn't responded. Unless...of course... is this you JOHN?! Using another name? Are you so mad of the way I made you look for the public that you gotta lash out with any convenient comment for yourself?!)

Uh, no, Im not John. I don't know John, so I have no need to comment on him. He didn't call me a loser for trying to help you. The only unprofessionalism I've seen has been from you. So, I can see if this is your demeanor then it doesn't take much for one to see that you won't be getting much acting work in the future with an attitude like that.

(Well enough said! Any consumer comments or suggestions that are suitable for this are welcome! But if you're just here to try and lash out at one person, either me or John... save your rude comments!)

Like I said, I was only trying to explain to you that this business is rough, and unforgiving. Callbacks, or no callbacks, I can see its going to be a rough life for you with or without JRP.

Whatever Nick!

AUTHOR: Salvador - (U.S.A.)

I'll tell you why! When I was a student there, no one told me or any of the students at that time that they had to call in after getting in a call back list! I remember that most of the students said that we all had to wait until they had a job for us! No one ever said anything such as "call back... to see where you're at in all of this"!

Actually... you're such a loser that you just typed in all of that for no good reason. Read my original report....! Somewhere in there you'll find a part where I'm explaining to the public how after getting in a call back list I called in to the office and what the receptionist told me was something like, "Salvador, congratulations! You're in the call back list! So, they'll call you up when they want you to sign"! Go looking for it.....! Ofcourse I was never called back....!

AUTHOR: Nick - (U.S.A.)

Ok, if you've received a callback, as you say, it is your responsibility to contact JRP and set up a callback appointment. You say excellent service would be that JRP gets you an agent. Thats not how it works. You say that JRP should get you jobs too (as a form of excellent service) but they can't do that either.
JRP will provide you with education, period. They offer you auditions with agents, managers, and casting directors. If they are interested in you, you have to come in for a video callback, OR they (the agents, casting directors, managers) keep you on file for possible future work.

In this business, you may get 13 or so callbacks for the same job and still NOT get the part. Welcome to showbiz. If you can't handle not getting a job for every audition you go to, find a new line of work. JRP offers you education and exposure. Once you obtain an agent, its up to you. JRP cannot interfere because they are not agents, or managers. You've got to look at the overall picture of the business. Even if you do get an agent, that doesn't mean you get work. It doesnt mean you can stop auditioning on your own. You have to be the one to keep working at finding work.

Again, welcome to the business! JRP has a lot of success stories, but for every success story, there are hundreds of students that DONT GET A SINGLE JOB. Thats how the business works. You may audition for years and years, and get nothing but one lousy commercial that paid you $100. Its a nasty profession and its very competitive! Have fun!

AUTHOR: Nick - (U.S.A.)

Yeah.... "Billy" keep being a suck up!

AUTHOR: Salvador - (U.S.A.)

I don't know if you know how to read or thoroughly go through any kind of information "Billy". I was complaining after being charged so much... and not being trained the right way!

For your information Billy...! I AM now very successful in Reno. Ofcourse, I don't give any credit to John Robert Powers whatsoever! You say that for failing I try and blaim others because of their laim "professionalism"?

It's actually not even blaiming! It's bringing out the facts and exposing phonies like "John". I wouldn't be surprised if John put you up to this, if "you're" John, or a suck up trying to get laim credit from these jerks!

Anyways... if you go through the whole thing again.... I got "john" so good in such a tight spot that he just swallowed that pride and never responded! Actually.... enough said from my behalf!

I know John is laim, unprofessional, and a sarcastic little man. Just like you. I don't care if you're successful because of them. Are you really.....? Hmmmm. I don't know.

Just one question for you "Billy"..... if you were to be put on callback lists for over 5 years and not even get called back..... would you be happy as an actor?! I mean, if you're working so hard and for NOTHING..... what's the point of wasting your damn time for over 5 years?! Just think about that "Billy"!

I know... you might say something like, "well if they didn't call you is because they weren't interested" or something like "your failure should not be blamed on John". Actually.... yeah!

John said it himself in a rebuttal....."we're all about excellent customer service". Atleast something very similar. Yeah.. if they were all about that.... they would work hard with the agents to make sure their clients got called back!

"Billy"... quit being such a suck up!

BOO WHO

AUTHOR: Billy - (U.S.A.)

It sounds like to me that due to you judging someones "profesionalism" you dont have what it takes to make it in the industry. That is why you didnt call backs and obviously probably why you were never successful at JRP.
My experience has been nothing but great there. My instructors have done nothing but help me develop into the actor that I am today. An actor who still goes to every audition and has had 5 commercials by being affiliated with JRP, and also 6 print ads. So, if your saying that JRP is not legit, it sounds like to me that you obviously just dont have what it takes to make it in the industry. Sorry about your luck, being a professional is also being the bigger person and not blaming someone for you not being successful. Actually, a JRP instructor taught me that.

- An extremely, proud and satissfied customer of JRP.

That's what I thought John...!

AUTHOR: Salvador - (U.S.A.)

You know you're wrong and a ripoff. You don't have the right work ethic to run a group of teachers to do their job right nor do you have the work ethic to make sure your clients get called back promptly from the agents and casting directors that put them on the call back lists.

I know....... I know.......... You're just gonna say something like (and don't bother), "you didn't audition for me", or, "I'm not responsible for that!"

Actually, John, you are. You, yourself put it in your rebuttal, stating that great customer service is what you're all about. Well, wouldn't it be great customer service to make sure your clients are called back in this case to "succeed"?

After all............. You are number one in the country and are responsible for so many success stories. Aren't you guys?

No work ethic and no resposibility! That's what I thought John........... That's what I thougt!

You had nothing to do with this John! Stay out of it!

AUTHOR: Salvador - (U.S.A.)

I think that right here and right now I'll probe that you're a totally unprofessional individual! I do not recall seeing you in JRP in 2002. Even if you were there, I never saw you.

As for you challenging me to the fact that I said that they did say that they were an agency, I cannot probe that they did when I was first there. Secondly, neither can you probe that they didn't say it! A paper stating that JRP is not allowed to say they're not agency does not mean anything.

Anyone can break that rule and get away with it! You say I'm confused? I don't think you went over my report well enough to type in what you did! My mother, my sister, and I were there when Taya told all three of us that Telemundo went in. Now this, can be proben, because of the fact that there were witnesses.

In my report I stated that I did go to many auditions in all of the years I was there! So I really do not understand how you can be calling me a liar by saying I had originally said that I never did! Go over the whole thing all over again! Use some visine if you need to.

All I was complaining about was that out all of the callback lists that I got on, I was never, ever called back. As to your little unprofessional insulting questions as to why I never said anything about me being dissatisfied, I saw people all of the time in and out asking Jaime Young to speak to the coaches because they were never happy with the activities in the classes. I noticed nothing was ever done.

So many people talked about you all down in Colorado Springs, paying students, and parents.
Even after Jaime left an Asian woman was put in her place and got various complaints from the parents that thought they were being stolen from. Because of missing class time.

Seeing so much ignorance, I knew that nothing was going to be done about what I needed! One really important thing that I really must say that you should never ever warn me about! Do not ever tell me to really reconsider my actions against a phony company like JRP.

I'll be honest about one thing, your guy's JRP down there is nothing compared to the one down in Reno. So, unless you knew what's been going on down here, you can either encourage me or warn me about taking any actions!

You really are a cold unprofessional individual! Thanks alot for taking off your phony face and bringing out the real one on the internet! As a professional individual, as you most likely consider yourself, why would you call me a sore loser?! Is that how you treat former JRP students that payed so much money and that were around for over five years?! Wow! It is.

I tried and tried in your guys's JRP, got on many callback lists and was never called. Atleast to say that in over five years I was never called back not even from my very first callback list I had made it in! Admmit it, You really act like you're so nice, don't watch the way you respond to reports against your guy's JRP, and end up insulting people like me. In this case you calling me a sore loser!

You say it was only my fault?! Come on John. Does it not make sense that after seeing so many people complaint in person requesting for a change in the classes and nothing being done was going to give me motivation to say something about it!

Seriously, it is not a client's job to make the coaches do their job right! You know that for a fact! There should be a sort of policy for all of these coaches to actually train actors the right way. basically what the subject is all about!

You are all there to make sure we get the "best customer service" right? Nothing being ran down with the coaches you have really seems be of very good customer service!

John I strongly recommend that you don't respond to this. You really had nothing to do with my situation. Nothing against "you". Except, for the fact that you get deffensive and insult people that were with you guys for so many years! If you do respond I'll notice if it came from you and I'll just scroll down and not read a single thing!

#17 REBUTTAL Owner of company

You have bad information

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

It is hard to know where to begin when trying to address your sad story. First of all no JRP is an agency and I would challenge your statement as true that any of them would have ever said so. JRPs worldwide are specifically told NEVER to claim that we are an agency. We are a school system - as it says clearly on our logo.
Colorado Springs does have a separate in-house agency, and also brings in top agents (monthly) from LA and New York. It sound like you are just confused. Also, Telemunddo has never auditioned in the Springs facility. Again you are confused.

I suggest you go onto the JRP mainsite, and then into locations for Colorado Springs, so you can see all of the top industry professionals set to come in over the next several months. This is a service (as you have testified to having experienced over several years) that is provided by JRP to all students indefinitely. If these on-going auditions were not provided then how would you have been allowed to audition for so many years. Each audition cost the owners of each JRP alot of money each time to pay for you to have this auditioning privilege. Your investment ($2,500) for training, a lifetime of auditioning, and professional photography doesn't even begin to cover these costs! That is because JRP pays for all of the auditions, etc. after your investment is done as a courtesy to each of their students.

If you were not happy, why didn't you speak to the Educational Director or the owners while you were taking advantage of all of the training and auditions you mentioned. Why didn't you ask to repeat training that you feel you needed. JRP would have paid for you to take as much as you needed until satisfied!

It is unfortunate that you never received any serious opportunities from all of your time w/JRP. It is also sad that you, as a former employee, would set out to hurt such a great organization like JRP. Your facts are mostly wrong and you should really reconsider your actions carefully. For the most part you just sound like a sore loser who hasn't made it yet and wishes to blame everyone but yourself!

If you truly wish to make it in this industry, don't burn bridges and never give up on your dreams. If you wish, you can even return to the Springs and we will pay for you to train some more (until satisfied), and also encourage you to start auditioning monthly here again. This is called being the better person and trying to do the best we can to provide top-quality customer service. If we had known of your unhappiness with the Springs JRP at anytime during your time with us we would have fixed things. You never said anything, or gave anyone a chance to make things right for you. This is your fault not JRPs!

JRP is a great company with great people, and after 80 years, and a climb to number one in the world they must be doing something right.