Complaint Review: John Robert Powers

• Updated: Fri, December 12, 2008

• Reported By:san mateo California
John Robert Powers
johnrobertpowers.com Nationwide U.S.A.

John Robert Powers On january 2007 after going to an audition for my daughter then 4 years old, I was notified by John Robert Powers office in San Mateo County that my daughter had passed the audition and therefore had the chance to become a star in the music or acting field. In order to enroll in the course I was asked to pay 4.995 for a 3 years course up front. San Mateo california

On January 2007 I was contacted By John Robert Powers of San mateo County to let me know that my daughter was eligble to be part of the School because of her potential for succeding in the acting and modeling field. After explaining to us the many benefits of enrolling my daughter in the class, the person in charge added that payment of the tuition was due that same day, otherwise her chances of becoming part of the school were minimun.

He offered me three plans: 1 year costed $2500, three years $4.995 and the membership for life was $6.995. After debating whether or not to give the opportunity to my daughter to become a star in the entertainment business, i decided to take the one year course, but the JRP representative told me that My daughter "had what it took to be sucessful and convinced me that the best for her was to take the three years course with the promise of many high profile auditions. However I became a little disappointed to see how the school worked but couldn't do anything about it because I had signed a contact. Turned out that after a year the Office was closing due to "bankruptcy or so they said and since then, nobody in the company has responded to my continuous effort to find a way to get my money back or to find a viable solution, I contacted the BBB offfice in Oakland Nad filed a complaint but to date I haven't been contacted by anybody in the company, and I don;t want to lose my hard earned money or as I feel being robbed in such way.

Martin
san mateo, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2008 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/John-Robert-Powers/nationwide/John-Robert-Powers-On-january-2007-after-going-to-an-audition-for-my-daughter-then-4-years-400729. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on John Robert Powers