• Report: #200031

• Submitted: Sat, July 08, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, July 08, 2006

• Reported By:Campbell California
John Roberts Of WaterCourse Way
165 Channing Ave. Palo Alto, California U.S.A.

John Roberts Of WaterCourse Way Owner is lying to cover up negligence of his employees, which caused me to injure myself Palo Alto California

My friend and I went to a beautiful, cool and expensive hot tub establishment, where you get a private room with hot tub, cold plunge, sauna, shower, bed, etc.

After a short while in the hot tub, I got out and took hold of the safety ladder to enter the cold plunge pool. The next thing I knew, I was falling down on my ass. The tubs are on raised platforms with steps in between and a hard, tile floor. We were shocked. My friend and I looked to see what happened. We saw two gaping holes where the ladder came completely out of its moorings. We immediatly called the employees in who also saw that the ladder was not attached. I injured my knee, and my body was bruised and battered from falling from a standing up position from a raised platform, onto steps. The employee and I saw two "sleeves" laying off to the side of the pool, that should have been bolted in place.

The owner called me the next day and left a phone message apologizing and saying that he "found the problem with the attachment and resolved it". He also offered to pay medical bills. After that, he began lying and to this day, three years later, had not paid a dime, and forced me to seek legal counsel, and medical attention to the tune of $12,000. He is still lying. I am suing him, but this whole episode has really consumed me and my resources. My eye witness has given his account in a deposition, and the employees also saw. I am so upset that he is lying and doesn't mind paying a big, fancy law firm to carry on this charade, instead of compensate me for my injuries and expenses, all of which are legitmate and documented.

Devorah
Campbell, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2006 04:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/John-Roberts-Of-WaterCourse-Way/Palo-Alto-California-94301/John-Roberts-Of-WaterCourse-Way-Owner-is-lying-to-cover-up-negligence-of-his-employees-wh-200031. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on John Roberts Of WaterCourse Way