Complaint Review: John Stonehurst, NT Society

• Submitted: Sun, March 16, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, March 16, 2008

• Reported By:Timaru Other
John Stonehurst, NT Society
850 South Boulder Highway, Henderson, Nevada U.S.A.

John Stonehurst, NT Society "You have very special talents and have been handpicked..." LOAD OF RUBBISH! Henderson Nevada

I recieved a wonderful letter promising me everything I've ever wanted and to send for my free part 1 installment. I figured it was pretty harmless as they weren't asking for any money so I sent the form back in the freepost envelope and a few weeks later I recieved a booklet that rambled on about what the NT Society secrets had done for others. (No names mentioned of course).

This then asked me to send about $200 or something like that for my part 2, 508-page package. I had to reply within a week or my opportunity would be missed forever. I threw it all in the bin thinking that would be the last of it: If I didn't reply they would leave me alone.
About 3 or 4 months later I recieved another 7 page letter telling me how much I could gain in 10 seconds and completely change my life etc, I had been hand picked and I had special and wonderful abilities...bla bla bla.
They want $218 New Zealand dollars and I can pay by credit card money order or cheque. And I must reply within 5 days or miss out forever.

Alarm bells went off so I Googled NT Society and found several links telling me it was a scam. I hope not too many people have been sucked in by this.

The letters clearly had been made with a simple computer programme and had my full name in capitals inserted in several places. There were no spelling mistakes but several grammatical (hope I spelt that right) errors and clearly was not written by the anonymous (imaginary) rich and famous person because they wouldn't make that many mistakes.

Lisa
Timaru
New Zealand

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2008 06:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/John-Stonehurst-NT-Society/Henderson-Nevada-89015/John-Stonehurst-NT-Society-You-have-very-special-talents-and-have-been-handpicked-LO-318457. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on John Stonehurst, NT Society