Complaint Review: John Thomas, Extreme Taxidermy

• Updated: Fri, December 09, 2011

• Reported By: JMAC — Canyonville Oregon United States of America
John Thomas, Extreme Taxidermy
Applegate Rd Grants Pass, Oregon United States of America

John Thomas, Extreme Taxidermy Stole Money, Ruined Bear Cape, Wont Return Phone Calls, and Moved Grants Pass, Oregon

John Thomas, owner/operator of Extreme Taxidermy in Grants Pass, OR has done a lot of work for my husband and I. He was always a procrastinator but seemed to do a good job. However, in the last 2 yrs he has not returned our mounts, he has ruined a 400 lb record bear cape, stolen our money, and has been forced out of his old shop for not paying rent. I can write a list of people who are having the same issues and experience with him.

He will not return phone calls and when we've gone to his house he refuses to come out or answer his door. My parents have already had to take him to civil court for the same problems and we have several other friends in the same process. We have tried to call him time after time and he will not answer or return phone calls. We finally got my bear cape back that he had said had been tanned 6 months prior and once we opened the back we realized it had not been touched. We took it to another taxidermist immediately in hopes that it wasnt ruined and sure enough it had rotted because he did not take proper care of it. It was one thing to be out the money he owed us but I was truly devasted when I found out that my once in a lifetime bear kill was ruined and I would never get to have it mounted.

At this point he has absolutely done the worst by ruining our animals and after researching him I found out he used to live in Montana and people had the same issues with him and thats how he ended up in Oregon. I am writing this in hope to save other people their hard earned money and heartache. When looking for a taxidermist do not use anyone by the name of John Thomas or Extreme Taxidermy he is a scammer and has a history of stealing and cheating his customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2011 05:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/John-Thomas-Extreme-Taxidermy/Grants-Pass-Oregon-97457/John-Thomas-Extreme-Taxidermy-Stole-Money-Ruined-Bear-Cape-Wont-Return-Phone-Calls-an-807352. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on John Thomas, Extreme Taxidermy