Complaint Review: John W. Scherer - Video Professor

• Reported By: Curt — N. Ft. Myers Florida USA
John W. Scherer - Video Professor
www.videoprofessor.com Internet United States of America

John W. Scherer - Video Professor, Canceling an order is impossible!! Internet

After attempting to place an order, I became wary of the sales person because she had pharses such as you get the first disk for $6.95, the second one is $79.00 (not exact) and if you don't cancel within ten days the thrid one mailed  to you for $183+/-.  I told her I did not accept these conditions and please cancel my order.  She said that she had already placed the order and could not get it back.  She informed me that I had to call customer service after 24 hrs to cancel.  When I spoke to CS the next day, they told me they were canceling the order.

Guess what was on my next credit card bill.  It was a charge for $6.95 from Video Professor.  No disks, no contact, just the charge.  I called the professor and was told that their "policy" was "30 working days".  When I asked to speak to a floor supervisor, I was told it would not help and Elroy was right.  Elise the, floor supervisor, explained to me that 30 days was indeed the company policy.  When I asked her to explain why when you return an item to a reputable company they are able to refund the credit card right away,she again informed me what the company policy was and told me to "have a nice day" thus ending the call.

From his commericals it appears that John W. Scherer is a sincere person with a legitimate company.  The truth is He is Not!!!  Be Very Aware

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2009 01:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/John-W-Scherer-Video-Professor/internet/John-W-Scherer-Video-Professor-Canceling-an-order-is-impossible-Internet-502766. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on John W. Scherer - Video Professor