Complaint Review: John W. Scherer - Video Professor

• Updated: Thu, November 12, 2009

• Reported By: Jon — New York New York USA
John W. Scherer - Video Professor

John W. Scherer - Video Professor Scam/Theft Internet

So I ordered the free trial of Video Professor (VP), but get this. I never even received it! It never came in the mail, and I never even set eyes upon it.

But of course, I got charged $6.95 (twice for some reason) and $189.95 for the CDs. $189.95 for a CD lesson about HTML?! Bill Gates himself would probably come give me a lesson for that much money (crackers and cheese included)! Its ridiculous.

But being the idiot that I am, I figured that the product had simply not arrived yet until I got a VP package in the mail for Identity Protection. Confused by this, I called VP and found out that this is their SECOND shipment. I also found out that this constituted ANOTHER charge of $189.95 on my credit card. $400 dollars for some bs CDs??! Really?

I was able to return the Identity Theft one (refund still pending after 2 months, naturally), but they refused to refund me for the first HTML product which I never received, saying that it was returned outside the 30-day trial period. Apparently, the package floated around in the mail and was sent back to the vendor.

So now they have my $200 AND they have my HTML CDs sitting in their warehouse (which my $200 supposedly paid for). And.. I have nothing. How does this make sense? How is this fair business practice?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2009 01:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/John-W-Scherer-Video-Professor/internet/John-W-Scherer-Video-Professor-ScamTheft-Internet-523075. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on John W. Scherer - Video Professor