Complaint Review: John webb and associates

• Submitted: Tue, July 19, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, July 19, 2011

• Reported By: jerome — los angeles California United States of America
John webb and associates
11911 magnolia blvd #8 North Hollywood ca,91607 Los Angeles, California United States of America

John webb and associates richard L. johnson & associates investigator john webb and attorney richard johnson work at taking your money and never providing the service you hired them for. Los Angeles, California

While outside of the country, I hired Mr. John Webb and associates to investigate and recover moneys my ex-wife had stolen. This investigator's name was given to me by the friend of a friend. I was told that he was not licensed but in California, an investigator can work unlicensed under a law firm.

I signed a contract with this man and the law firm. He was supposed to be working with, the Law offices of Anthony N  Ranieri. I checked Mr. Ranieri with the State board.

The deal with Mr. Webb was that he would get a % from the moneys recovered .I was to pay a retainer of $7500.

Mr. John Webb informed me quiet rapidly that he had discovered the assets I was looking for in the Caiman Islands.

I was asked for small amounts $1000 and $1200 here and there to file one thing or another, nothing would ever be filed.

At one point I was told by John Webb that he had found a better attorney to suite my case. I told him that as long as he shared his fees I had no problem.

This new attorney's name is Richard L Johnson, he promptly asked me for $1500 as retainer. I checked his credentials and stupidly paid the money in 3 payments.

I was again told that they were filling the law suit. Mr. John Webb asked for $1100 to freeze my ex-wife's assets. I paid, nothing

I decided to jump on a plane and visit these people, without warning.

Upon arriving, I made an appointment, a week later I was meeting both attorney Richard L Johnson and Investigator John Webb.

At the meeting at a law office in a nice part of town in the west side of Los Angeles, I realized that something was not right. The attorney did not appear to have the documents I had sent from Europe, the investigator either.

I was given a document they had filled with the court in LA,3 pieces of papers.

A week later I called the attorney to provide him withdocuments he had requested.

He informed me that my ex-wife had filled something in response to his mothion.

He told me it needed to be dealt with urgently, in the same breath he added that he was at the hospital with cancer and could not help me.

Richard Johnson put me in contact with another attorney,Steve Weiss, this new attorney, before knowing what my case was about, required a retainer of $8000.

The following day, I called the secretary for Mr. Richard Johnson, after another conversation I had with him, were he once again told me he was at the hospital, the secretary told me that he was in fact at the office. Attorney Richard L johnson refused to remove himself from the case as he shouldhave done.

John webb never gave me the result of his investigations I requested from him.

I had to retain another attorney to fix what they had done, that did not need to be done.

Steve Weiss is still trying to get money from me.

I have filled a complaint with state bar. I can't imagineattorneys are going to discipline other attorneys, but we'll see.

If you ever come acrossthese people, avoid all of them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2011 09:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/John-webb-and-associates/Los-Angeles-California-/John-webb-and-associates-richard-L-johnson-associates-investigator-john-webb-and-attorn-755480. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on John webb and associates