Complaint Review: Johnny Ray Yarbrough

• Updated: Fri, August 13, 2010

• Reported By: Not Happy — Dallas Texas USA
Johnny Ray Yarbrough
1818 Uvalde St Mesquite, Texas United States of America

Johnny Ray Yarbrough BATHTUBMIRACLES.COM .....SCAM ARTIST.....LIAR..... Mesquite, Texas

*Author of original report: Sure....I have nothing else to do with my time

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Just because you tell the story does not make it true

WARNING.....if you are in the Dallas / Ft. Worth Texas area and are looking for a person to refinish your bath tub or tile do not use this guy. He has at least three web web sites...newagaintub.info, bathtubmiracles.com and bathtubpro.info. His work is substandard, his web sites are full of lies and he will not honor any warranty. I have had two other tubs done over the past 10 years so I know what a good refinish should look like. Some of the issues with the job he did for me are uneven application; rough in some places, had a huge run in another, had bubbles you could depress with your fingers, and started peeling in less than one week and the tub has never been used since his work. No UV light was used as advertised. His phone number has changed in the last week even though his ads say he has had the same number for 12 years. He will only communicate via text. [continued below]....

.........he told me he had to change providers due to service issues.........guess he doesn't know you can keep your number. After scheduling the job via text he never responded to my texts after the job was done until he got his new number. Then he told me I hadn't paid him and I had not registered the warranty within 24 hours. I paid him cash and he never mentioned anything about "registration". Needless to say I was upset and continued to text him reminding him of all his promises in his ads..........he told me if I did not quit harrassing him he was going to file a lein on my house............he said his name was Ray. His receipt was hand written, no business card, no address...................If only I had looked at the job closer and had not trusted him, I was busy painting and trusted him and got burned big time..........DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN

YOU DO NOT WANT THIS GUY ANYWHERE NEAR YOUR HOUSE.....................

I have since learned is name is Johnny Ray Yarbrough.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2010 06:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Johnny-Ray-Yarbrough/Mesquite-Texas-75150/Johnny-Ray-Yarbrough-BATHTUBMIRACLESCOM-SCAM-ARTISTLIAR-Mesquite-Texas-628773. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Johnny Ray Yarbrough

Sure....I have nothing else to do with my time

AUTHOR: Not Happy - (USA)

Mr Yarbrough...........you know everything in my report is true, along with the half dozen reports others have filed on you here. Not to mention your lack of response to BBB complaints and your F rating with them. You really need to become an honest person and find a job in another field that is within your abilities...........

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Just because you tell the story does not make it true

AUTHOR: ray - (United States of America)

Regarding the house at 6525 Alamo ct. ; plano,tx, 75023

You bashed me for being a Christian, in fact your text to me was that I am another lying Christian. I purchased this company from Johnny in July 2010. So that does make my name Ray! Ray Allen.
The problem is you were not just painting. You, continuously came into the bathroom and talked.Plus washed paint out in the sink.... which does set moisture into the air. When the job was completed both you and your wife Barbara came and looked at the tub. AFTER looking at the tub while you knelt down on your knees as close as you could get you asked if I had time to do another tub for you. I am now glad that I trusted my gut feeling and did not do it. I guess it either looked good enough or since you were not going to pay me anyway..... what the heck. right?
 I left you an invoice for the $270 due. A week later  when I asked about it you went nuts it was like dealing with Doctor Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde. so I left you alone. However, you continued to harass me and I did tell you if thats how you plan to act then I will lien the home for non payment. Now I am seeing you slandering my name on craigslist (which was reported) and I see you slandering my name on here. If you are prejudice against Christians why would you hire one? If you can't afford to pay then don't. I am not pursuing you for the money. I don't care about the money, thats your deal not mine.

For some strange reason I think there is a twist to this story. Its crazy what people will do for money but this tub guy or collin coozy or flawless finish or save a tub whatever he goes by this week has mysteriously linked his advertising on (craigslist) to your report. Could it be that is just a coincidence? or could it be the entire thing was a grade school set up. You know I guess I have been lucky because in 18 years I never had anyone owe me money but from now on I have to be paid in full because of you. Now I have said what I have to say, no more talking I have a copy of an unpaid invoice and God only knows what you have done to that tub to get your point across, considering I have been doing tubs for 18 years with only a handful of problems. Yes, thats right I'm nor perfect, I have had a handful of problems. However, this is not one of them. This is your problem and you trying to make me out to be the bad guy. Hmmm. Post bad stuff about me and he links to it, then he gets more business... sounds fishy. By the way I looked up flawless finish and tub guy... here on ripoff report, your not exactly an angel. But hey I'm not saying anything. By the way Collin you were also reported to (craigs list ... they dont allow that trashy crap)

Between me and you I went back on (5) of your jobs in a week and a half period and i have names and addresses to prove it. I never blabbed about it because I figured hey, we are in this business together, we all make mistakes and this is a hard business to do.... but you jumped right on that band wagon didn't you. Im letting you know I turned the other cheak... twice.. I'm now all out of cheaks to turn.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------