Complaint Review: Johnny

• Submitted: Wed, October 03, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, October 03, 2012

• Reported By: Sarah — Hopkinsville Kentucky United States of America
Johnny

Johnny "johnny's computer and stuff" Individual sold deployed husband a "restored" HP laptop which broke within 1 month because it was not actually fixed , Internet

My husband was getting ready to deploy to Afghanistan, so he wanted to get a lap top to take with him to keep in contact. We could not afford a new one at the time, so he searched fort campbell bookoo(among other sites as well) for used ones. That's where he came about finding this man and the computer he chose to buy.

When we to the mans home to purchase the computer the man "Johnny" told my husband the only thing that was wrong is that the web cam did not work. So, he proceeded to buy it because we could easily get the replaced.

Once we got home we found that the microphone on the computer did not work as well. But that was only the beginning of our problems.

Once my husband was in Afghanistan(he purchased the laptop about 2 weeks before leaving) the computer starting shutting off on him and not turning back on for hours or days. Then just a couple days later after it started that it shut down one day and he wasn't able to get it to turn back on again.

One of the other men deployed with him knew how to take apart computers so he took apart the computer to find things taped together and wires broken inside. He wasn't able to fix it.

Once my husband told me this I tried to contact Johnny by phone, he wouldn't answer my calls. I text him explaining what had happened and all he had to say was (and I quote) "I don't know what you're talking about have a good day." And would not reply to me any longer.

I just want to say that my husband treated the computer with care. And obviously this man isn't fixing the computers properly and does not care how long they work for you, he gets his money and could care less that he's selling broken computers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2012 06:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Johnny/internet/Johnny-johnnys-computer-and-stuff-Individual-sold-deployed-husband-a-restored-HP-lapt-950514. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Johnny