Complaint Review: Johnson Distributors

• Updated: Thu, June 16, 2011

• Reported By: Jennifer — Rancho Mirage California United States of America
Johnson Distributors
PO Box 1677 Owing Mills, Maryland United States of America

Johnson Distributors Manipulative Scam Artists Outrageous Attacking Verbal Demeanor Horrific Interpersonal Skills and Trickery Owing Mills, Maryland

I am the General Manager of a well-known, reputable hotel in Southern California. My Chief Engineer was solicited by Johnson Distributors to receive a box of "free lightbulbs," to try out.  A few weeks later, we received a shipment of 12 - 65BR30 Med light bulbs (if you google search this product, you can find them for $1.70 per bulb). I then received an invoice last week with an extension price of $574.50 with $20.39 S&H!!!! for these "free lightbulbs." OUTRAGEOUS does not even cover this. Now, my Chief did not agree to anything, nor did he order these lightbulbs. It gets better...Upon receiving the invoice, I contacted their "Customer Service," department and spoke to a Dustin Singer, who claimed to be a Supervisor. Please remember I am a General Manager at a hotel and I know how to speak to someone in a respectful and courteous manner. It is what I do for a living. Anyway, when I shared my concerns with Dustin about this, not only did he VERBALLY ATTACK me like I have never been spoken to in my entire life, he proceeded to accuse me of attacking him verbally and told me multiple times to, "Shut up and listen because he could not get a work in edgewise." I was so appalled and stunned, I called my Executive Team of Managers who work for me into my office to witness what was occuring on my speaker phone. They all stood with their jaws open. I repeatedly asked to speak to his Manager and he refused stating he would take care of this and to stop interupting because, "I had not come up for air the entire conversation." Mind you, I was not speaking AT ALL during his incessant rants. BEWARE of this SCAMMING COMPANY. I did finally receive a bit of information that the price was not for just the lightbulbs but for a TEN YEAR lightbulb replacement contract!!!!!

DO NOT respond to or accept anything from this company. Johnson Distributors should be shut down and Mr. Singer (assuming that is his real name), will hopefully be unemployed very soon because good people who need jobs are not working and mentally unstable individuals such as Mr. Singer should not be allowed to interact with people period.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2011 11:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Johnson-Distributors/Owing-Mills-Maryland-21117/Johnson-Distributors-Manipulative-Scam-Artists-Outrageous-Attacking-Verbal-Demeanor-Horri-741529. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Johnson Distributors