Complaint Review: Johnson Riddle & Mark, LLC

• Updated: Fri, January 01, 2010

• Reported By: jay — silverton Oregon United States of America
Johnson Riddle & Mark, LLC
901 N Brutscher St Suite D401 Newberg, Oregon United States of America

Johnson Riddle & Mark, LLC False charge of debt, summons, automated dialer hangups Newberg, Oregon

*Consumer Comment: Johnson Riddle

*Author of original report: A little bit more information

Just received a hand-delivered summons from this company in reference to a credit card debt that I do not have.  Over the past few weeks I've gotten several hang up calls from them.  No messages left, nobody on the other side of the line.

I know the debt that this is in reference to, but I paid it off more than two years ago and have proof of that in my personal records.  This isn't the first time (or last, likely) that I've been contacted by a scamming collection agency trying to prey on innocent people, but it is the first time I have gotten an official summons or anything of the sort.

Not quite sure what to do about it right now, but I'll figure it out and keep this updated to the best of my ability.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2009 06:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Johnson-Riddle-Mark-LLC/Newberg-Oregon-97132/Johnson-Riddle-Mark-LLC-False-charge-of-debt-summons-automated-dialer-hangups-Newber-530517. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Johnson Riddle & Mark, LLC

Johnson Riddle

AUTHOR: Janet - (U.S.A.)

We have similar situation and checked with the State of Oregon and Johnson Riddle is not even registered as doing business in Oregon.  They seem to be out of Utah or something.  How can they open an office here and not be registered as a company.

A little bit more information

AUTHOR: jcj - (United States of America)

Figured I should update with everything I think is relevant, so here goes.

a) Haven't received a single thing from them in the mail since their automated dialers have been dialing me.  No warnings, no christmas cards, no nothing.

b) The summons look dubious at best.  I have never seen official summons before but these look a little bit sketchy.  They're on letterhead from JR&M, no mention of a judge (though I am not sure if this is required), nothing relevant to my county's court (addresses, phone numbers, etc), the case number is hand-written in blue pen twice on the summons while the three signatures of the lawyer is photocopied.  It just looks... off.

c) The courier company that delivered it is legit.  Was kind of hoping they weren't.

d) The date the case was filed, if any case were filed at all and this summons just isn't something to spook me, is the same exact date I took care of the debt in question two years ago.  Probably is a coincidence but seems a bit odd to me.

I think that's it for now.  Still figuring out a course of action with this nonsense.  Any help would be much appreciated.  I know I'm not the only one being unjustly hunted by these vultures.