Complaint Review: Johnson Storage & Moving Co.

• Submitted: Sun, September 22, 2002
  • Updated: Sun, September 22, 2002

• Reported By:Henderson Nevada
Johnson Storage & Moving Co.
12525 Stowe Drive Poway, California U.S.A.

Johnson Storage & Moving Co. ripoff false promises tricked and lied to us ripoff deception Poway California

The company is billing us for services previously paid for and threatening lawsuits to recover the cost of storage which was included in the original moving estimate and paid for on delivery to Las Vegas.

I received the original estimate from "Keith Federespeil" he indicated to me that the estimate included a month of free storage. WE have a copy of the last page of the estimate which he wrote ''includes 1 mo. storage'' which was signed by Keith Federespeil and dated June 5, 2001. I decided to use Johnson specifically and solely because of that particular service so I signed the estimate on June 6, 2001.

After I returned the signed estimate to Johnson, I had questions and tried on numerous occasions to contact Johnson Moving Co. I never got my calls returned. The day before the scheduled move, I called to confirm the pick up and was told they would be there at 9 a.m. No one showed up. After numerous calls, they finally showed up at 4:30 p.m. and didn't have enough room in the truck and had to get another truck.The pick up was finally completed after 10:00 PM that night. We were assured by the person in charge that there would be no further problems.

We relocated to Las Vegas and called to have our furniture delivered within the time requirements of the storage agreement. We were told that due to load factors there would be a delay in getting our furniture to Las Vegas.WE were never told anything about load factors when we first got the estimate. The people at Johnson were very difficult to deal with and very abusive on the phone and unresponsive to our requests. We finally received the furniture after calling United Van Lines headquarters and speaking with customer service.

The problem is the harrassment for the past year. They want $1,012.00 (plus interest) for storage that was included in our original estimate, they've threatened to sue and now, they've turned this over to a collection agency and now I'm having to dispute that too! Don't ever use this company!!!!

Fran
Las Vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2002 06:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Johnson-Storage-Moving-Co/Poway-California-92064/Johnson-Storage-Moving-Co-ripoff-false-promises-tricked-and-lied-to-us-ripoff-deception-30783. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Johnson Storage & Moving Co.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC