Complaint Review: Johnson Storage & Moving

• Submitted: Wed, June 15, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, June 15, 2005

• Reported By:Honolulu Hawaii
Johnson Storage & Moving
221 Broadway Nationwide U.S.A.

Johnson Storage & Moving - Johnson International - Johnson United - Security Van Lines ripoff - picked up household goods, never delivered for 3/4 year, kept hostage, increased price Denver, New Orleans, Kenner LA Nationwide, Louisiana, Colorado, Texas, New Mexico, Wyoming

On Aug 24 2004 I hired Johnson Storage & Moving (aka Security Van Lines, Johnson International, Johnson United) to move my household goods from New Orleans to Honolulu. They prepared all the paperwork, which I signed, and the Colorado Head Office charged my credit card $1757.

After their pickup, that's the LAST I EVER SAW OF MY BELONGINGS, even though it's been 3/4 year. I called them many times, they never answered voicemail, and never forwarded my belongings for delivery to Honolulu. They now hold my belongings hostage in New Orleans unless I sign a liability release and waive my refund request. They also demanded large storage fees on top.

They failed to comply with many Federal Consumer Protection Moving Regs 49 CFR 375, e.g. REASONABLE DISPATCH delivery, not requiring release, never disclosed DOT/MC#s, never gave Moving Pamphlet or told me my rights, and more.

The Colorado Head Office now gives many false & creative stories for not forwarding my belongings for delivery. Note that Owner Jim Johnson in Denver uses different company names, and personally refused to refund my money or release my household belongings.

I appreciate your help in getting back my money and my household belongings in good condition. I think other consumers should be protected from them too.

Honolulu, Hawaii

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2005 08:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Johnson-Storage-Moving/nationwide/Johnson-Storage-Moving-Johnson-International-Johnson-United-Security-Van-Lines-rip-146360. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Johnson Storage & Moving