Complaint Review: Johnston Canyon Resort Banff Alberta

Hwy 1A Box 875, 25km west of Banff Johnston Canyon Internet USA
  • Phone: 866-500-4938
  • Web:
  • Category: Lodging

Johnston Canyon Resort Banff Alberta Dirty Bug Infested, High Priced, Beg Bugs, Fleas Over Charged, Failed to Provide Clean Room. Temp was 90 in the room with huge Bugs Inside Banff National Park Internet

Johnston Canyon is a dump / Old Pit. So many bugs, way Over Priced. We were promised a room with clean sheets, great food and so on. Well the bed had bugs. Hikes were a non-starter unless you want to get eaten alive. The place has been flooded. TV was promised as well as a "special rate" ( as in full price and more. TV was a TV combo VCR! Who has a VCR anymore? Not us. They tell you that a National Park pass is not required so tell me why I got a nice fat ticket ! The staf are just strange. These people are right out of the Bates Motel.

The food in the dinning room is 25% more than the lunch counter - a counter that has not been painted or cleaned in years. All food is GFS Gordon Food Service Processed Junk. Ice Cream is fake. I hate flies in my food. OMG 1st the hot as hell rooms, then at the same time massive flying bugs, ants and bed bugs. Poo in the toilet and the price was to be $190 a night on a room that listed for $259. [continued below]....

..... They take payment at c heck-out but, when I told them I was not going to pay more than I was quoted they said that the police would be called. It was at that point I used my Visa card not wanting to spend time in a Canadian Jail being forced to watch hockey games. We paid and got the heck out of there. The owner was some old woman out of Calgary. Staff told us stories about re-use of breakfast toast that was left un-touched on customers plates. They told us one cook spits on food of people that even ask about a modification or an item customers want to change on their food order. The baked goods are pre-cooked junk. Warning Will Robinson Stay Away from this s**t Hole. My Visa?  I called and reversed the charge. It was the weekend from hell. Of BTW: The place as flooded this year so you have even more sewer issues. We just hope that the staff will get paid this month they are trying but the owners do not care. What a bad dream.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2013 08:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Johnston-Canyon-Resort-Banff-Alberta/internet/Johnston-Canyon-Resort-Banff-Alberta-Dirty-Bug-Infested-High-Priced-Beg-Bugs-Fleas-Ove-1076634. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Johnston Canyon Resort Banff Alberta