Complaint Review: JoiPhone

• Updated: Fri, August 21, 2009

• Reported By: rwharton — Maple Valley Washington USA
Joiphone.com Internet United States of America

JoiPhone Joi Phone Joiphone.com No Joy with Joiphone! Maple Valley, Washington

No Refund! Stole almost $200.00 from me. My previous VOIP (Voice over internet protocol) service went out of business. I contacted JoiPhone who assured me that they could 'port' my previous phone number over. I paid for a 2 year contract and received the JoiPhone internet hardware and used a generic number they supplied while waiting for them to import my home number of 15yrs over. Waited for 6 weeks or so for them to port my number but they couldn't and weren't even trying to help me after they got my money. They had no answer for me when I called and didn't answer my emails. So I went with another VOIP service named ViaTalk who ported the number within 2 weeks. I unplugged JoiPhone hardware and didn't use their service anymore. Called and cancelled the service and they told me to ship the hardware back to them to get a refund. I did and after waiting way too long for a refund to my credit card, I contacted them and was told I had used the service for more than 30 days and was not entitled to a refund. They had almost $200.00 of my money, had the hardware I returned, was not supplying me any service and refused to refund any part of the unused money. I used my other VOIP service for 2 yrs and when it was time to renew I even contacted Joiphone again to see if they were willing to give me free service for one lousy year to see if they could make things right. (they had lowered their monthly/annual fee by then). Thought maybe they wanted a chance to regain a customer but they didn't, refused to give me any service. I want their hardware back again that I paid for just so they can't reuse it. I say there is no Joy at JoiPone.com Don't trust them!

Maple Valley, WA

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2009 04:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JoiPhone/internet/JoiPhone-Joi-Phone-Joiphonecom-No-Joy-with-Joiphone-Maple-Valley-Washington-483579. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JoiPhone