Complaint Review: Joiphone

• Submitted: Wed, August 13, 2014
  • Updated: Wed, August 13, 2014

• Reported By: Lenrique — Irvine California
Internet USA

Joiphone Joiphone doesn't consider a ported number to be cancelled Internet

I had an annual prepaid VOIP plan with Joiphone.  About 3 months prior to my plan renewal, I had ported my Joiphone number to another VOIP provider.  ..When the time came for my plan to renew, Joiphone billed me the annual amount, as if nothing had changed!  Apparently porting your phone service to another company doesn't translate into a cancellation of service for them!

They hadn't provided me ANY type of service for the previous 3 months, and my number was already ported to another company, so I was shocked to say the least, to see they had automatically collected over $200 for my annual service when they aren't even providing me any service.  ..Definitely a scam and an unethical company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2014 12:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Joiphone/internet/Joiphone-Joiphone-doesnt-consider-a-ported-number-to-be-cancelled-Internet-1169439. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Joiphone