Complaint Review: Jolly molly the clown

• Reported By: Wendy — Portland Oregon USA
Jolly molly the clown
9322 N. oswego ave portland og Portland, Oregon United States of America

Jolly molly the clown ''is your child scared'' Portland Oregon

*Consumer Comment: Here's a thought.

*Consumer Comment: You want a clown without makeup?

When I read your site I wanted to scream!Why would anyone pay you 145.00 dollars a hour for you to come on my kids birthday and scare the blank out of him. ''His reaction may be a knee jerk reaction ,he will quicky calm down''. Maybe not, then you tell the parents to not over react because it could make it worse and humiliate the kid. I have a idea, lose the clown white, tone down the costume so my kids are not  scared. In case no one has told you this day is all about the kids happyness not about you. He is the star, and as parents we are paying you money to please my kids. You seem to have this backwards. Many of the younger clowns have removed most makeup for this reason.Why should my kid embrass someone who looks like a alien from another planet. I know you are saying then hire you without make up at all. You are missing the boat, it is my kids birthday. We want you to look like a entertainer, just keep it so the event is happy not horrific. These are my personal opinions.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2013 09:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jolly-molly-the-clown/-Portland-Oregon-/Jolly-molly-the-clown-is-your-child-scared-Portland-Oregon-1014128. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jolly molly the clown

Here's a thought.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

If your wussy kids are afraid of clowns, don't hire one to show up on their birthday!

I don't know what you thought you were getting when you hired this person, but when most people hire a clown, they expect someone to show up in wild makeup and wacky clothes.

Your complaint is absurd.   It boils down to the fact that you don't want your clown to look like a clown.    That being the case, I strongly suggest you stick to hiring characters who are sufficiently dull so as not to overly excite your precious offspring.   I feel really sorry for those kids.

You want a clown without makeup?

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

If your kid is that scared of clowns, don't hire one. Or have his father teach him how to be a little less cowardly.