Complaint Review: Jomashop

• Updated: Mon, July 15, 2013

• Reported By: pilot999 — Binghamton New York
Jomashop
Internet USA

Jomashop Jomashop.com Jomashop lied to keep me from buying from competitor Internet

*Author of original report: UPDATE (Not Rebuttal)

Spoke with a rep named Rivkah who promised to give me a specific price if I called back before 6pm that day. I thought about the purchase and did all my research. Called in at 5:30pm using Rivkah's personal landline number (which she gave me to call her directly) at Jomashop. She immediately told me to hold. She came back on and said she'd call back. Never did.

I knew that Jomashop closed at 6pm, so I called back at 5:55, 5:57, and 5:59. She never picked up. This wouldn't be such a big deal except the price she offred was a price-match (which Jomashop guarantees) with the same watch on their competitor's site, Timepiece.com (also based in NY like Jomashop). And this price was a temporary sale that was scheduled to end that work day. So when she failed to call back or answer her phone, I checked Timepiece.com and by 6:10pm the price of the watch was raised by $250 (from $3,798 to $4,048)!

Rivkah at Jomashop guaranteed that if I called by 9pm that day I would get the $3,798 price plus free shipping and no tax. Because she OUTRIGHT LIED, I lost the opportunity to buy from Timepiece.com and the temporary low price. The only reason I wanted to buy from Jomashop was because they are a bigger operation. But it turns out they are just conniving cheats that will promise anything to keep you from buying from competitors.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2013 03:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jomashop/internet/Jomashop-Jomashopcom-Jomashop-lied-to-keep-me-from-buying-from-competitor-Internet-1067238. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jomashop

UPDATE (Not Rebuttal)

AUTHOR: pilot999 - ()

I am the author of the complaint. This is an update to explain that Jomashop has corrected the issue to my satisfaction. They honored the agreed upon price and even went as far as to apologize for the error. I am very happy with this transaction and consider the above complaint dismissed (unfortunately, it cannot be deleted). To be honest, I regret writing it so soon after the incident. I should have waited a couple days before reporting the complaint, both to offer Jomashop a chance to remedy the error, and to give myself some time to cool off.

Anyway, I will definitely be returning to Jomashop for my future watch purchases.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC