Complaint Review: Jomashop.com

• Updated: Fri, August 17, 2012

• Reported By: anon — horse shoe North Carolina United States of America
Jomashop.com
140 58th st brooklyn ny 11220 Internet United States of America

Jomashop.com selling misrepresented defective and maybe used watches Internet

I ordered a Watch about a week ago, for about $110 and it was priced competitively.  When it arrived it did not include any insturctions and warranty cards and was sort of simply stuffed in a package that clearly made it look like it was not factory fresh, although the merchandise was represented as new.  I don't think so.  ALso the web site said in 2 places the watch band was canvas and it turned out to be nylon, which had it been described properly I would not have purchased it.  THirdly, the watch only worked about 6 hours at a time.  I called to return it and was told that the band was considered a "typo" and was not an acceptable reason to return it, I was also told that any return had to include all the paperwork I was not sent in the first place and that the reason the watch was not working properly was I did not follow the instructions (which were not included) and I have some other very pricy watches so that was bogus.  It was a simple automatic.  Then instead of even discussing the issue with me the rep said they might send me a return authorization and then they would decide based upon condition etc if they would give me a refund and how much they might deduct for the missing paperwork  (which again was not included).  I called the credit card company and they will reverse the charge if I do not get a full credit within 15 days.  I see others here had similar issues with this company and I should have checked here first.  I recommend dealing with dealers other than this one.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2012 12:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jomashopcom/internet/Jomashopcom-selling-misrepresented-defective-and-maybe-used-watches-Internet-928699. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jomashop.com