Complaint Review: Jon Bell

Jon Bell GNGR Band Graphic Design Scam Clifton New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: Same issues

*Consumer Comment: Answer

*Consumer Comment: question

*Author of original report: In response to other victim

*Consumer Comment: Me Too

*Author of original report: UPDATE: Received Payment January 2014

Jon Bell contacted me through Craigslist in August 2013 to comission me to design merchandise for a band he was representing called GNGR. I assume now he is the father of the band member Garrett Bell.

The agreed upon fee was $200 for the design of a few graphic t-shirts for the band. He said this was a rush, as the band was going on tour very soon and needed to order the shirts ASAP. He made up a story about problems with his "corporate" Paypal account, so he wasn't able to send the deposite I normally require.

I did the work in good faith, and he was happy with the final product. However, similarly to all the other reports on here - when it came time for payment he had excuse after excuse. Constantly citing Paypal issues, and that he "literally got caught in a vice". It is now December 2013, still with zero payment.

Jon Bell has used the following e-mails in our correspondence -

iamnow53@gmail.com

jon@hotkoko.com

jacksonpoint@gmail.com

He is based out of New Jersey, either Clifton or Caldwell, or both. I spoke to him on the phone number 973-886-5559 at the start of our correspondence, but of course he will no longer return my calls. The amount of reports on this guy is rediculous - DO NOT do business of any sort with Jon Bell. I would be happy to share evidence and information with any other victims.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2013 08:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jon-Bell/Clifton-New-Jersey/Jon-Bell-GNGR-Band-Graphic-Design-Scam-Clifton-New-Jersey-1106691. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jon Bell

Same issues

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

I have also had the same issue with Jon. Did photo and video work for his son's band, GNGR, and had a great time meeting the kids and Jon. All seemed like a great job. Until month after month after month went by and no payment. He kept pushing the deadline and claiming that he was waiting on investors. At first we took this in good faith and decided that since he kept booking shoots, etc that it would just mean we'd get an even larger eventual pay. We even got checks from him. But we couldn't cash them. He told us to wait a week until the money was in. Then another week. Then another.

Eventually we stopped work and now, 6 months after the first invoice, are still waiting for payment. He has stopped responding to email/phone. It's too bad because it was a great job. Except we never got paid.

Now we're being forced to file claims in NJ to get our money. We saw his job, his home, and met his family, and still he figured he could get us to do work he couldn't, or wouldn't, pay for.

On top of that, he used photos and some early video we'd shared in the beginning on good faith. And it took many many emails to get him to remove them from the GNGR facebook or youtube.

Can't believe he hasn't had major legal reprocussions for this sort of thing. Well, he's about to.

Answer

AUTHOR: nycarts22 - ()

I say, if you have evidence take him to court. E-mail correspodance and transaction records. Look up New Jersey and Federal Law. I have a NSF check, which is technically a crime. The people I know have tried to work things out with him, but I am sick of this really.

question

AUTHOR: NYC - ()

How did you manage to get paid? Or get in touch w his family members? He owes me 13.5k still and now not answering phone or emails.

In response to other victim

AUTHOR: Andrew88 - ()

Sorry the same thing seems to have happened to you. I got him to pay me by constantly calling and e-mailing him for months. I also got in contact with some family members of his. The amount of time and effort I had to put in to recieve my payment was absolutely not worth it, but I didn't want to let it go based on principal. He is aware of this site and the fact that nothing can ever be deleted - if he isn't responding to you anymore, post another report, and just don't let it go. Good luck.

Me Too

AUTHOR: nycarts22 - ()

I am also in the same battle you were in. I was contracted by Jon through a 3rd party and 6 months after invoice he has still not paid, and it's more substantial amount. He also used work he did not pay for. How did you recieve from this guy?

UPDATE: Received Payment January 2014

AUTHOR: Andrew88 - ()

Jon paid in full, January 2014. Our business has concluded.