Complaint Review: Jon Bell

• Category: Loans

Jon Bell Waiting for a deal since Dec Clifton New Jersey

*Author of original report: Update

*Author of original report: 2 months later

I met this guy on Craigslist.   We spoke he was looking for 35k to complete a deal he had in the works. It was like a bridge loan and I've done a few of these before. He offered to double investment and back it by a promissory note on property. I asked him in the beginning if this funding source didn't work out what was the backup. He said he would mortgage the property and pay people out. We'll I had to liquidate to get the funds.

I gave him 5k so he could show his source a show of "Good Faith.". Then I had personal issues and I decided to not give him the rest of money he sought. He started harassing me when I was dealing with my personal issues. Those were red flags to me. Once things settled in my life I told him I wasn't gonna let me get away with not paying me my 5k plus my profit. So he begged me to help him find other funds etc.

I got him another 300 for a Vegas deal to alleviate this current stalled dealN now here we are I've been evicted, I got hurt so can't work, and last issue was my mother passed away and I couldn't make the service because what was supposed to be a 48hr float for this Vegas deal has now dragged out to 3 months almost. He ruined my freaking b day, me being able to see my other, etc all with his bullshitting.   Now I can never get a straight answer out of him and he has the never to tell me I'm "Bothering Him".

I felt like no compassion esp since my mother died and I couldn't pay her or help her and I kept telling her what he was telling me. My mom finally gave up. I'm sick of living on the street and no food etc living barely when this guy owes me money and does t seem inclined to pay it. Always blaming everyone else. I'm done. Anyone w similar stories let's expose this and hopefully get the law involved. Where civil or criminal. This guy is either really stupid business guy or just a con artist. After reading all this shit about to him Im leaning towards the latter.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2013 12:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jon-Bell/Clifton-New-Jersey/Jon-Bell-Waiting-for-a-deal-since-Dec-Clifton-New-Jersey-1057429. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jon Bell

Update

AUTHOR: NYC - ()

I received an email from Jon Bell today stating that he would not pay me until I redact my statement from here. I told him I won't redact "sh*t" until I get paid. And it this point I do but that is going to ever happen. So I basically have nothing to lose. I would kindly update once I'm paid but not before or for someone trying to hold what's due to me financially hostage or as blackmail to get what they want. And if I don't get paid? I have no recourse. I am a fair person. Once he/if pays me I will GLADLY update Ripoff Report.

2 months later

AUTHOR: NYC - ()

And there is still no settlement with this guy.  He told me that if I served him a lawsuit that he would make me wait 90 days to get paid.  And, that was 2 months ago, and still nothing.  He keeps claiming that this deal will get done etc., but same baloney every day.

I am at a point that this guy obviously is full of crap, and doesn't probably even have a deal and never intends to pay, so now I am open to pursuing him whatever avenue legally that I can.  Anyone else with this type of experience with this individual, I suggest keep complaining.  Put the pressure on him.