Complaint Review: Jon Cornett manager Car-X Auto

• Reported By: Jason — austin Texas
Jon Cornett manager Car-X Auto
13925 W. Hwy 71, Bee Cave, TX 78738 Austin, Texas USA

Jon Cornett manager Car-X Auto Disreputable Scumbag Thief Austin Texas

Mr. Jon Cornett, manager of Car-X Auto Service (13925 W. Hwy 71, Bee Cave, TX, 78738), sold me a set of wheels via craigslist that I now believe he got for free from his work.  He told me that the wheels would fit my Dodge van and that he had even called the dealer to verify this fact.  Since he is a mechanic I took his word for it.  When I got home I found that the wheels did not fit.  I went by a local wheel shop and they told me that not only were the tires on the wheels worthless, but the rims themselves weren’t even worth $100.  I contacted Mr. Cornett only a few hours after I bought the wheels from him and told him the wheels didn’t fit.  I asked him to meet me so I could give him the wheels back and get my money refunded.  He refused to do so and told me to sell them to someone else on craigslist.  I let him know that I had been told by a wheel shop that the wheels weren’t worth even $100 and I would just like a refund.  He ignored me from that point.  I texted him the next day and asked him to meet me at the Walmart he met me at when he sold me the wheels so I could return them to him.  I figured I’d give him another chance to do the right thing.  He didn’t show or text back.  I called him twice after that and just got voice mail.  I’m fixing my van for my disabled mom and these wheels are worthless.  Mr. Cornett has basically stole $200 from my family.  This guy is a lying thief and doesn’t care who he rips off.  I can just imagine how he does business as the manager of Car-X Auto.  I will probably never get my money back, but I want to warn the public to not do business with this reprehensible individual.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2014 08:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jon-Cornett-manager-Car-X-Auto/Austin-Texas-78738/Jon-Cornett-manager-Car-X-Auto-Disreputable-Scumbag-Thief-Austin-Texas-1130849. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jon Cornett manager Car-X Auto