Complaint Review: Jonas Taylor

• Updated: Fri, April 18, 2014

• Reported By: Robert — Lincoln Illinois United States of America
Jonas Taylor
203 E. Patton Paxton, Illinois United States of America

Jonas Taylor We purchased a car from Mr. Taylor. He advertised it as a excellent buy for 2010 Honda Civic. The add said full warranty 36,000 miles & 60K pwr train. We got home and discovered it had been wreck o Paxton, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Award was in our favor

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: I wasn't contacted

*Consumer Comment: Luv you too

*Consumer Comment: attorney

*Author of original report: 2010 Honda sold to us by Jonas Taylor

*Consumer Comment: did this rebutt help??

*Consumer Comment: private sale or registered dealer?

We bought a car advertised on Craigslist.  We bought it from Jonas Taylor on July 13,2012.  Mr Taylor advertised in Excellent condition, full warranty.  We asked if it had been wrecked, he said no!  We then bought the car in good faith.  We found out 4 days later it may have been wrecked.  We saw an attorney, he said it was probably a good case.   Cost to prosecute approx. 2000.00 dollars.  We borrowed 15,000.00 for the car.   The car fax reported it was previously a rental car and was wrecked on the East Coast.  We would like to be made whole and return the car to Mr. Taylor for fraud.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2012 08:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jonas-Taylor/Paxton-Illinois-60957/Jonas-Taylor-We-purchased-a-car-from-Mr-Taylor-He-advertised-it-as-a-excellent-buy-for-930645. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jonas Taylor

Award was in our favor

AUTHOR: jonas - ()

There seems to be a lot of information left out of the report. I've never been in a accident in ANY vehicle. The fact that you've put around 25,000 miles on it before calling me to return the car is very suspicious. You took us to court and I didn't even get a lawyer instead I chose to represent me and my wife and let the facts talk for us. They awarded in OUR favor to pay NOTHING!

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

I wasn't contacted

AUTHOR: jonas - ()

I was the owner of the 2010 Honda civic that is being stated. I wasn't contacted until 1 year after the car was purchased from us. We were never in a accident and they took us to court where I represented me and my wife which the decision was in our favor to pay NOTHING.

Luv you too

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

HAHAHA

attorney

AUTHOR: Righteous1 - (USA)

Listen to the advice of your lawyer. If he thinks you have a case, then go for it. Otherwise you can hire OutlawJosey Wales the Joker who comes and stalks posts without ever contributing an ounce of COMMON DECENCY! :)

2010 Honda sold to us by Jonas Taylor

AUTHOR: Robert L Wood - (United States of America)

We Purchased the 2010 Honda Civic from Jonas Taylor, private individual.  The add in Craigslist said 36K Warranty with 60K Power train.  Asked if it had been wrecked he said not that he of.   We found out last week that he lied.  He bought as a salvage vehicle from Rental Car Co. out of New Jersey.   Mr. Taylor has committed fraud and we are his victims.    So any suggestions.  We would like him to take the car back.  We paid $15K and it is worth about $9K.

did this rebutt help??

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

Big NO

private sale or registered dealer?

AUTHOR: Righteous1 - (USA)

I didnt get a clear idea if this was a private seller or a dealer ship?And please allow me to quote an area that is befuddling, you wrote:
"The car fax reported it was previously a rental car and was wrecked on the East Coast.  We would like to be made whole and return the car to Mr. Taylor for fraud. "

How are you physically not whole? That is more of a doctors concern then a car transaction.
Since you are already under the guidance of a lawyer, you are on the right path for possible justice.
Did your lawyer also tell you anything that wasnt in writing prior to or apart of the deal is inadmissable?  Did you know that most private sales are constituted "as is", therefore its a done deal. Any person is capable of getting a Car fax report prior to the sale. Had that not been an option during the negoatiating phase? How do you get a warranty and what is cited on it? Which company is backing that up?