Complaint Review: Jones Kia (Formerly Thompson Kia)

• Submitted: Mon, September 03, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, September 03, 2012

• Reported By: BK — Havre de Grace Maryland United States of America
Jones Kia (Formerly Thompson Kia)
2001 Bel Air Road Fallston, Maryland United States of America

Jones Kia (Formerly Thompson Kia) Defective 2009 Kia Rio5 Fallston, Maryland

In November 2008, I purchased a Brand New 2009 Kia Rio5 from Thompson Kia (now Jones Kia) from Paul Zerelli.  It came with a 5-year, 60,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty.  Paul suggested that I purchase the extended warranty, which would take me to 100,000 miles bumper-to-bumper, this extended warranty cost $2,800.

Since then, I've had nothing but problems with the car.  It is currently in the shop now and has been 2 times this week.  I've been stranded many, many times in this vehicle and this time, it's a reoccurring problem:  key will not turn in the ignition.  This would be the third ignition (switch) replaced.

Hardly anything is covered under the warranty.  I've spent in 3 years over $3,000 in repairs to this vehicle.  I've been treated with serious disrespect.  I've even had to contact the Better Business Bureau, who downgraded the dealership's BBB rating because of my problems unresolved.  Even Corporate Kia could not convince the dealership to help me!

I have not felt safe in this vehicle for quite some time, and Thompson Kia, as well as Jones Kia even asked me to purchase a new car from them -- I could not believe this!

I strongly advise you to NOT to buy a Kia!   Don't make the same mistake I made!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2012 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jones-Kia-Formerly-Thompson-Kia/Fallston-Maryland-21047/Jones-Kia-Formerly-Thompson-Kia-Defective-2009-Kia-Rio5-Fallston-Maryland-936315. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jones Kia (Formerly Thompson Kia)