existed

• Updated: Tue, October 29, 2013

• Reported By: James — Cleveland Ohio
Joombyte.com
41120 Elm Street, Suite B Murrieta, California USA

Joombyte.com JoomByte Web Hosting Billed my credit card for several hundred dollars, did not provide service purchased Murrieta California

I ordered a new one-year subscription to a website hosting plan at Joombyte.com. The cost of this one-year hosting plan was $239.40. Due to previously using Joombytes service, I had a credit balance at Joombyte for $359.40. Joombyte's billing department also had my credit card on file.

When I ordered the new hosting plan, instead of using the $359.40 credit balance in my Joombyte account, Joombyte instead charged my credit card for the $239.40. When this problem was noted, Joombyte did not refund my credit card the $239.40 charge, instead, they took my $359.40 credit balance and applied it to extend my $239.40 hosting subscription for another year.

When I wrote to them and told them that I did not want my hosting extended another year, and I requested that the $239.40 that was charged to my credit card be refunded to me, Rob of Joombyte.com refused to refund my payment, closed my hosting account completely, told me "there is nothing further to discuss",  and blocked my IP address so that I could not access the form to contact them further.

In short, I agreed to pay Joombyte.com $239.40 for one year of webhosting service. Joombyte.com, using my credit balance of $359.40 and my credit card payment of $239.40, instead charged me $598.80 for two years of service (24 months) and then only provided me with four months of service before not only closing the hosting account I paid for.
Essentially
, stealing $598.80 from me.

*Please note: screen captures of correspondence showing my messages to Joombyte.com and their responses as well as, credit card statement copies, and copies of my written complaints are available if needed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2013 03:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Joombytecom/Murrieta-California-92562/Joombytecom-JoomByte-Web-Hosting-Billed-my-credit-card-for-several-hundred-dollars-did-1095510. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Joombyte.com