• Report: #205188

• Submitted: Tue, August 08, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, August 08, 2006

• Reported By:waban Massachusetts
Jordans Furniture
Underprice Way Natick, Massachusetts U.S.A.

Jordans Furniture ripoff delivery fee charge bait switch waiting time Natick Massachusetts

My husband and I looked at a sofa in the Natick store to be delivered to New Hampshire. Salesman told us delivery fee would be $69. He gave us his business card so I have his name. We declined to order at that time so we could look in other stores. I returned a week or so later to see the sofa again and order it and spoke to a new salesman (didn't have the card of the orginal guy with me and he only worked certain days anyway). This time delivery fee was increased to $119 - MORE than ----- (some "underprice"!).

As we had selected the sofa, and I didn't want to start dragging my husband around again, I agreed to the fee and ordered the sofa. Salesperson told me I would be given a two-hour window the night before delivery. Well, the night before I got a call with a 5-hour window - 12 noon to 5pm. I said "unacceptable" as who can sit around the house that long missing work time.

Next day we called customer service and complained of bait and switch on fee plus legnth of delivery window and rep said they would NEVER quote us $69 (except that my husband and I both heard it) and that "given how far that is from us" - yet they have a store in Nashua NH - that's the window, and they "never" quote a 2 hour window.

I said I would never have agreed to pay $119 so that I could sit around my house for 5 hours, and gave her the name of both salesmen, to no avail. No satisfaction at all from "customer service." Well, I never will shop there again and the thought that ANYONE would pay that kind of money for such crummy delivery service, never mind the whole bait and switch problem, is outrageous.

Tracey
waban, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2006 11:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jordans-Furniture/Natick-Massachusetts/Jordans-Furniture-ripoff-delivery-fee-charge-bait-switch-waiting-time-Natick-Massachusetts-205188. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jordans Furniture