Complaint Review: Jordyn Daniels

• Submitted: Mon, April 05, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, December 26, 2012

• Reported By: Truly Disappointed — Round Lake Park Illinois United States of America
Jordyn Daniels
835 N Michigan Ave Chicago, Illinois United States of America

Jordyn Daniels Kiva Salon Ripped me off, ruined my hair and wouldnt make it right. Chicago, Illinois

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Unbelievable!

*Consumer Comment: You were right

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: taken advantage of..

*Consumer Comment: I AM a 2 year client of Jordyn Daniels !!!!!!!!!!

I found Jordyn Daniels phone number on the Great Lengths website and was looking to get extensions put in my hair. I called and set up an appointment for a consultation at the Kiva Salon in the Watertower Place in Downtown Chicago. I went to meet with her at that time she told me if I wanted long hair to do my full head it would be over 2000 dollars, I need 7 bundles of hair. Initially she quoted me $450 per bundle, but she would give me a deal buy two bundles pay $325. I told her I couldnt afford it, she went on and on about how safe this hair was, and how the bonds wouldnt damage my own hair, and I was really concerned about it damaging my hair and she said this was the best, so I wanted to go with the best, although I couldnt afford it, I still wanted to add some length. So later that day I agreed to buy two bundles and we met the next day for me to give her the $750, YES $750 dollars, she upcharged me in ONE DAY, now a day later the bundles were $350 dollars each, plus I had to pay $50. [continued below]....

.....00 for overnight shipping. So we set the date to come into her previous salon she worked for which is Dewitt Hair Salon in Downtown Dundee, IL to do the extensions because it was closer for me.

Before the appointment I had asked her how much it would cost to do the color matching of my hair to the hair extensions, she stated depending on how many times we have to color strip your hair, it wont cost more than a couple hundred dollars.

So on the day of the appointment I had brought in a picture of Victoria Beckhams blonde bob cut and she said we could do it, she started the color stripping which was done one time, and then she bleached my hair.

Then she started the extensions. And what I ended up with was 60 extensions on the left side of my head and 45 extensions on the right and 5 extensions in the back. Cut long in the front and short in the back. Completely bald (1/2 inch-1 inch) of hair underneath those extensions. I didnt know what to do. I was in awe. So I gave her the money for the coloring and left. Her mom and her co-worker were standing right next to her and instead of utterly humilating and embarassing her I just decided to go about it a different way.

I contacted her a few days later and told her that I was unhappy, and her words to me was did I want some type of compensation. And she said all she could do for me is pay her to order more hair or I could come in and she could cut some of it out. So I contacted both her managers at Kiva Salon in Chicago and Dewitt Hair Salon in Dundee, and they talked to me, acted concerned at first, and then stated that they needed to talk to her and after that they stated that she is a contractor at both salons, supposedly she works there but is not employed by either one of them.

I called her manager in Chicago, Glen is his name, told me he couldnt help me. And then later that day I get a text message from Jordyn saying not to contact her. She stated that I had agreed not to have any hair under those extensions, she said I agreed to be basically "bald" underneath those extensions, which is false. And she stated that I was harassing her by calling her managers 2 seperate times. So at that point I havent made contact with anyone and my next step is court.

The pain in my head was so bad from the extensions I went in to a salon close to my home that does extensions and the woman that took them out stated 1) they were placed and put in incorrectly, that was why my head and hair was hurting, 2) they were already buldging at the point above the glue, and normally buldging doesnt happen for a few months, she stated it looked like the extensions were in for a while, but they were only in for a week and a half, 3) the extensions didnt look brand new, they looked as if they had been used previously. And then the woman that was taking my extensions out asked me If the girl who did my hair was on something, thats how terrible the job was.

I then come home to try and contact Great Lengths where I found her name and phone number when I originally set up the appointment and then her name is gone, she is no longer a Great Lengths professional.

I saved a long time to be able to get the extensions and feel good about my self image and all she did was make everything worse. And to top it off, she wouldnt correct it, and wouldnt make it right. And that is the worst part about all of it.

In total I spent $1050 dollars. For nothing. I am sad that the manager of Kiva Salon in the Watertower place in Chicago, and Dewitt Hair Salon at 12 E Main St, in Dundee wouldnt help towards correcting this. All she wanted was my money. And she got it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2010 07:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jordyn-Daniels/Chicago-Illinois-60611/Jordyn-Daniels-Kiva-Salon-Ripped-me-off-ruined-my-hair-and-wouldnt-make-it-right-Chicago-589944. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jordyn Daniels

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: Laura - ()

I'm so sorry to hear that she ruined your hair too! She should have her license revoked! She shouldn't be allowed to destroy people's hair.. and self image! The worst part is she does NOTHING to correct it. After she ruined my hair I did buy a wig. Sad to say, it was the only thing I could do, my hair was so damaged from what she did. I wore a wig for a few months until my hair grew out a little, dyed it brown and got a cute pixie cut. Its understandable that people make mistakes, were only human.. but she doesn't care, all she wants is the money she's a total joke and I believe we aren't the only ones that have been duped by Jordyn Daniels.

You were right

AUTHOR: ripped off in chicago - (United States of America)

Dear the person who posted originally - you were indeed right - although a client for almost 4 years -- I just got duped --  my hair got burnt and ruined after changing colors.  I wish I were able to contact you to discuss. --  nonetheless - just because somebody does your hair for years - doesn't mean they don't have the chance to ruin it -  and -- ok . hair is ruined -- but just like you she only wanted my money. Not to help me fix my hair.  I am sad, disheartened,  angry, confused, - upset for sticking up for her in the first place -  I just want my money back  - matter of fact - it's  SO bad I am looking into a human hair wig. My deepest apologies for being sarcastic towards you .  Hope you get this --

-- the same girl.

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

taken advantage of..

AUTHOR: Laura - (U.S.A.)

Clearly lady you are blind. The above picture where you said is "bald" is the final result of jordyn Daniel's work. It shows the few extensions she added to my hair. Looking for a freeze from someone isn't me paying over a thousand dollars for that being the end result. Plastic surgery must be your thing judging by your picture how old are you? 50, 60? You'd know more about plastic surgery than I would. And judging how you look in your picture you probably know a lot more about men than I do. Hands down jordyn Daniel's took advantage of me. She could have done something to correct it and that makes her a bad business woman. She is lucky I didnt sue her. You may continue to see her, or you might even be jordyn acting like your really a customer, either way, prospective clients beware, she might take advantage of you.

I AM a 2 year client of Jordyn Daniels !!!!!!!!!!

AUTHOR: Bluuueyes - (U.S.A.)

Well !
On the contrary !  I am a 2 year client of  JORDYN DANIELS !   I have been wearing extensions for about 3 years now.  My first set was done at  CLAUDE THOMAS SALON IN PALATINE. They initially did a great job until they got lazy.. and ripped all my HAIR out..  as they did not remove the old set carefully. I was in  TEARS. . . and did NOT  know where to turn...   after hours of searching I found Jordyn.  She listened to my story, and was very caring and took the time to speak with me over the phone,   while I also sent her pictures of what the other salon did to DESTROY my REAL hair.
I am a firm believer in " ya get what ya pay for"  Jordyn's prices are reasonable, considering the work involved, and that she is using the best of the best. Great Lengths hair ......
My hair was short, ripped and I was in tears thinking ? HOw can she fix this after what CLAUDE THOMAS did to me?
She did....... after 9 hours of work, I felt like myself again.  A girls hair is their CROWN N GLORY !
I have been a client for 2 years already, nonetheless she has become a great friend and accquaintance.  She has style, class, and if you look at her FACEBOOK page you can see all the work she does,  my hair, my pics, her hair shows & etc.........
After 3 bad sets of extensions, I will not let ANYBODY ELSE TOUCH MY HAIR.

I think the girl above is a scammer...... bouncing from stylist to stylist, perhaps boyfriend to boyfriend, plastic surgeon to plastic surgeon .. looking for  FREE services.   The picture she posted if you take a look is of a shaved head ... this makes no sense.  LOL is all I can say.

If I could post a phone or an e mail, I would.    Again, Jordyn is probably one of the BEST in Chicago and Suburbs if you want extensions, real ones...  and you want to look even BETTER than the celebrities.  I saw Brittany Spears in a magazine, with her bad extensions sticking out ! I told Jordyn she needed to fly out there and rescue her !

With Warmest Regards to All :